Off Topic - My recovery

Padraic

Padraic

I really don't want to turn this into my own personal blog or anything, but I have gotten to know so many people here on a personal level that I have trouble not making these kinds of posts. I mean, sometimes you get so excited about something, you want to let everyone know as quickly as possible...

I took my first steps in a walker today. It was my goal since the accident to be able to walk (with a walker) to the Christmas table. Whether I do that literally or not, I'm going to call that one good!

I walked a bit over 30', but who's counting the feet. The important thing is the experience. :-D :-D :-D

Way to go Padraic! We're all pulling for you. Don't hesitate to keep us updated on your progress.

Way to go Pad, glad to hear that you are on your way to the Christmas Dinner Table. God speed to you !

Merle

That made my day! Good job.

Great to hear it!

Way to go Pad!
Coughlin

Hey, Pad,

Great news! I couldn't have home from a shopping trip to better.

You spirit is inspiring - keep up the good work. The very best,

Jack Steel

Padraic - That's good news indeed! Keep at it, and you'll be ready to fish in no time. Please add my name to the list of people that would be honored to take you fishing whenever you'd like to go......Ed :-D

WOW, That was fast, soon you will be running a marathon. Remember Pad, PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY.
Congrats and good luck ..... :hammer:

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY.

Then I gotta lotta weakness! :-D

Seriously though, I believe that and I've been workin' hard. My therapists sometimes worry that I'll push too hard or take too many chances. Karen (the therapist I was working with today) begged me not to try to walk at home yet. She doesn't want me to fall. What a worry-wort!

By the way, I'll be bringing my camera to therapy on Friday. So watch for a real-live recreation.

Dear Padraic,

That is great news my friend.

Always remember, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Pad, Jack M said it best. You made my day! Hell! You made my month! We're proud of you and you remain in our prayers.

Rolf

That's great! Wishing you a very Merry walk to the Christmas dinner table, with the walker. :)

Pad,
Good luck with everything. You have helped me on this message board numerous times. Thanks for always going out of your way to help. I hope everything goes good.

Troy

Pad,
Keep working hard at your recovery. The closest I ever came to something like you're going thru was a torn ACL from playing basketball at age 46. The physical therapists knew what they were doing, and they had me on the creek by regular trout season. You're a lot younger and in better shape than I was; you keep working hard, and you'll hit the Christmas dinner table on foot.
I know I get snotty on the boards at times, but if you're ever in central PA and want to go to one of my favorite creeks, just let me know. Being a retiree now, I can get on the water just about any time.
I, too, admire your attitude. I think you know what mine would be like!
Best wishes.
rich tate

You know Pad, its funny.
There have been 17 or so posts here, all from different guys who normally can't agree on much. And sometimes that's why we come here: to debate and disagree.
Thanks for giving us all something we can agree on.
Good luck, man!

Pad,

As stated, we all are real glad to hear the good news. Way to keep at it. We all really appreciate hearing your updates.

Dave

An actual recreation!
http://home.comcast.net/~capitaltrouter/Walking12_08_06.mpg

This is from Friday. I walked 75 feet this time, although only a short portion of that is shown here. Which is fortunate, because even with reducing the size of the frame to 320x240 the file is ENORMOUS. Anyone who knows anything about reducing video can send me a tip. The other issue is that the therapist filming me turned the camera, so you'll have to lay your head on your desk to watch the vid.

Oh I am so not ready for youtube.... :-(

Back