Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Nymphing

From New Castle, PA
Hmmm, he's struggling to catch fish with what amounts to pretty much the universal method of indicator nymphing sooooo......

.......LETS THROW CZECH NYMPHING AT HIM!!!!!!!!!

(sarcasm)

He's on the right track with what he knows about rigging. It's likely he just needs someone to help him read the water and make sure he's mending correctly and making the proper adjustments to weight and indicator positioning. That's all. if you can't fish an indicator rig succesfully, Czech, or Polish, or Mexican nymphing isn't going to be much better.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 8:38

From Portage, PA
The only reason i had suggested that to him was that he didn't say that the guys were using indicators. I just assumed that they were high sticking or czech nymphing.

My thought feel in line with Beckers that he may not have been getting his flies down to where the fish were.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 8:44

From Chester County
Quote:

PennKev wrote:
Hmmm, he's struggling to catch fish with what amounts to pretty much the universal method of indicator nymphing sooooo......

.......LETS THROW CZECH NYMPHING AT HIM!!!!!!!!!

(sarcasm)

He's on the right track with what he knows about rigging. It's likely he just needs someone to help him read the water and make sure he's mending correctly and making the proper adjustments to weight and indicator positioning. That's all. if you can't fish an indicator rig succesfully, Czech, or Polish, or Mexican nymphing isn't going to be much better.

Agree with PK. Learn and practice, and begin to master one technique. Indy nymphing is a good place to start. Sounds like your rig is good. Keep at it ...practice ...experiment...practice ...mess around ...practice. This is a tough time of year for catchin'......they will come. Have fun.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 8:48

From Cleona, Pa
mre3810 if you want we can meet up sometime and I'll show you what tight lining is about. I can also help you indi rigging also. send me a pm. all the talk on this forum helps but waht is best is someone on the water helping you showing you wahts wrong.

You ever fish state college?

Posted on: 2013/2/26 13:45

From near Hershey, Pa
I don't claim to be any sort of expert but I worked on becoming a good nymph fisherman for several years mostly following Joe Humphrey's techniques.

One rule of thumb that I use to make sure my nymphs are on the bottom is to watch my line or indicator and make sure that it is coming back to me slower than the surface current (ie: watch the foam, leaves, etc. on the surface).

The current on the bottom and top of the water flows slower than the current in between. If your indicator or fly line is moving faster than the surface, it is because the current is pulling your rig up off the bottom and downstream and you need to add more weight.

Many times I have added one split shot and caught fish after fishing the same run a few times.

Don't get lazy either and change you weight frequently to match the current you are fishing.

You'll get the hang of it with practice.

Shock

Posted on: 2013/2/26 13:47

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com