Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

NOTICE: Posting Links & Pictures
From Dallastown, PA
If you would like to post a link to a website article or picture, Please use the text editor option shown below. Just pasting a link into the text editor copy box causes grief for the reader, usually because it is too long and casues left to right scrolling. Often times the Mods or Webmaster have to go in and shorten the link or properly post it.

See the picture below and follow these instruction to post pics or websites/URLs Also, once the "link" is added through the URL or Photo buttons, the resulting text or code can be edited to betterdescribe the content of the link. As shown below using Greenback cutthroats

The first part of the link code is the direction to the website and the second part is what shows up in the post. Just change the second part but leave the brackets.

To view the diagram below in high res, just double click on it and then click in the lower right hand corner to blow it up.

We would appreciate you using these methods to reduce the amount of legwork necessary to clean up the posts.

Thanks in advance.

Maurice

Attach file:

jpg  Posting linksPAFF.jpg (120.65 KB)
27_516dce09447f7.jpg 870X660 px

Posted on: 2007/9/6 16:18

Edited by Maurice on 2013/4/16 18:17:53

Re: NOTICE: Posting Links & Pictures

From Suburban Pittsburgh
Thanks for the good info. I think this is a good post to sticky, it would help everyone out, so long as people bother to read it

Posted on: 2007/9/6 17:23

From Apollo
What about the ones like myself that use the Post Reply box at the bottom of page? Can't post pictures but you can with links.

Posted on: 2007/9/6 21:00

From Bozeman
Live2fish, I think that if you want to post a link like that, you've got to face the facts and use the special reply page. Is it possible to add the buttons for links and images on the quick reply aat the bottom?

Also, I've posted this before, but I like to use tinyurl.

www.tinyurl.com

All you do is give it a long web address, and it will reduce it to a small link that you can post without messing up the page. Here's a link to this thread as an example:

http://tinyurl.com/2o2vd6

It's good practice to warn people where the tinyurl link goes just so they know what they're clicking on.

Posted on: 2007/9/6 21:27

From Dallastown, PA
Live2fish

Good question, thanks for bringing it up.

I agree with JayL, The post reply box is for simple replies such that you just made. Anytime one wishes to add pictures or links they should click the reply button and do it through the editor according to the directions above.

But if you wish to use the Tiny.url thingy, I don't think thats a problem. The goal here is to reduce the amount of unbroken URL code lines that cause really, really wide posts.

Thanks,

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/9/6 21:56

From Nazareth PA
I need some help with this since I am guilty of this.

Do I copy the link then open the reply and paste the link to the chain?

Thanks

Posted on: 2010/1/27 12:09

From Dallastown, PA
You can do it that way....Or you can open the reply dialog on the lower right and use the blue URL module on the far left above the text attributes.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 8:19

From Luzerne County, PA
Can I post a pic within the post message rather than attaching it, and what size should I choose?

Posted on: 2010/10/13 0:46

I'm wondering the same thing...

Posted on: 2010/10/15 13:08

I'm also wondering what to do about photos that have more than 1000 Mb- is it possible to do something about that?

Posted on: 2010/10/15 13:25

test (please clean up if no good!)

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2010/10/16 9:19

hmmm...larger?

Posted on: 2010/10/16 9:21

Re: hmmm...larger?
From Dallastown, PA
What Barbless is demonstrating is the linking of photos to a hosting site such as flick'r or photobucket. When doing so, PLEASE, use the orange button in the Message menu of the post and when prompted, set the image width to 300 or 400 pixels as Barbless demonstrated in the two posts.

Just copying and pasting the url to the photo will place it at the full size in the hosting site and typically causes very large photos to load which in turn causes the reader to scroll left to right making it difficult to read the posts.

We appreciate your conforming to the guidelines regarding the posting of pics.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 20:45

From Wayne County
test

test failed

Posted on: 2010/12/5 7:08

From Wayne County
[img width=300]Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension[/img]

Posted on: 2010/12/5 7:45

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com