Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: North Andros, Bahamas - Bonefishing 5/3/14 - 5/10/14 (long with lots of photos)

From Lancaster, PA
Quote:

AFISHN wrote:
Elon:Unless things have changed,or you had a charter into Andros,you have to overnight in Nassau and go to Andros the next morning.Been that way since the early 1980s through 2013

For some reason,that part bugs me because it's total down time and expensice(hotel,taxis,and meals).Usually runs about $250-$300.
BTW:"Rahming' is the name of a flats boat built in the Bahamas.Probably his relative.

Nice report!!!

AFISHN: we did not need to stay overnight in Nassau, nor did we need to charter a flight. I believe Western Air flies one flight a day from Nassau to North Andros. Our flight was around 4pm I believe. I agree that a layover in Nassau would be both a waste timewise & money wise.

Interesting about the Rahming thing, did not know that!

Posted on: 5/13 23:37

Re: North Andros, Bahamas - Bonefishing 5/3/14 - 5/10/14 (long with lots of photos)

From Fountain Hill, Pa
Great report! Can't wait for my next trip. I'm hoping to go to Belize in January

Posted on: 5/14 12:53

Elon:Unless things have changed,or you had a charter into Andros,you have to overnight in Nassau and go to Andros the next morning.Been that way since the early 1980s through 2013

For some reason,that part bugs me because it's total down time and expensice(hotel,taxis,and meals).Usually runs about $250-$300.
BTW:"Rahming' is the name of a flats boat built in the Bahamas.Probably his relative.

Not true. You can catch flights from most east coast US airports that arrive in Nassau noon/1pmish and then either take a private charter over or take the LeAir (previously Western Air) 4:30 daily flight.

I can leave my house in Northwest PA at 6 am and be on Andros drinkin' a Kalik by 3 via private charter (same cost as LeAir if you have 4 guys).

One of the reasons I like Andros. You go to some of the other out-islands where flights are only a couple days a week or leave real early in the morning from Nasssau......you lose time and then have Nassau lodging costs the night before.

Posted on: 5/14 16:14

From Ferguson Twp.
elonDO, what a great trip! Great pictures thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 5/14 17:50

From York & Starlight, PA
Quote:

I went to Andros in April this year and did not have to stay over. We left BWI @ 8:00 a.m. and arrived Philly at 9:00 and Atlanta at around noon. We arrived in Nassau around 1:30 p.m.

We had tickets to Andros through LeAir and left at 4:00 and arrived about 4:20. It was a twenty minute van ride to the resort that cost us $20 each. Two of the guys in our group put their stuff together quickly and were on an ocean flat by 5:00.

My fare to Nassau was $435 and the fare to Andros was $110.00. We stayed at Two Boys Inn with six days guided bonefishing and had hot breakfast and dinner everyday. We made our own lunches after breakfast. My total expenses, including buying a #9 rod & reel, and tips were a bit under $3000.

Posted on: 5/16 21:32

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com