Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Non-Fishing

From Lansdale
Since I had my shoulder done on the 4th, I can't fish for a while. Sunday morning was perfect. There was no way I could stay in so I went, without equipment, to one of the creeks I fish.
I found there's a lot to be said for just walking and watching. I was able and perfectly content to only watch the trout holding, rising, moving to different spots. I felt no pressure to catch, or try to catch.
I also spent a good deal of my time just in the woods along the creek. I've always admired the walking sticks that you see at flea markets and and I picked a few branches to dry out to attempt to produce one this winter.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 5:49

Re: Non-Fishing

From SW PA
Good Luck w/ your recovery, and enjoy the peacefulness we sometimes, trying to catch a fish.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 6:02

From Ferguson Twp.
Hopefully you'll be out and casting in short order, just don't rush it. When we're out fishing it seems like you're taking it all in but as you've discovered being preoccupied with catching fish distracts from more than we think. I often go to my favorite stream when I've a lot on my mind without a rod, after awhile things just feel better. There's so much going on stream side it's a great place to be, as all of us know.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 6:19

Good luck with the shoulder. There really is something to be learned by just observing a stream without fishing.

(BTW, it's surprisingly easy to learn to cast with the other arm. )

Posted on: 2013/9/17 7:36

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Glad your out n about. We have had some great weather. Believe me, If your out walking around this fast after surgery and if you really stick with your physical therapy you'll be fishing before Thanksgiving. I can't believe I'm doing the things I'm doing at this stage. I do push it and I pay for it at night or the next day but you gotta get it moving and do what ya gotta do. You'll get there.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 9:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From LV
Spawning season is a perfect time to takes walks along the streams you fish. It give you a vision of how big the fish are in the streams you fish. It may also give a clue as to where they are in the stream, then again not necessarily.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 11:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
147 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com