Need Help Identifying This Fly

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Putting my fly boxes in order for my upcoming trip to the Bitterroot with the Prof. I don't have any idea what these flies are except to say that they are obviously a Dry and an Emerger or Parachute of some type of pattern. If you can't tell the coloring is a light gray. I seem to recall that I may have bought them at the suggestion of one of the clerks at the West Branch Anglers Fly Shop the last time I fished the Upper Delaware 2 years ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
Beats me.
They're nicely tied dry flies - why worry about the name? Many flies (in fact most of the ones I tie) are just general variations of patterns and don't match well known patterns with names.

As far as imitation goes, depending on the size, they could be BWOs or maybe a slate drake(?). Whatever the case, I'd take 'em out West as they look good.

My wild guess is that it is a Catskill Adams and Parachute Adams. Good all around attractor patterns.

I would say slate drake, but I don't know the size and I can't see it too clearly.

They are 10s if that helps

I told him the one is an Isonychia (Slate Drake) purchased at the West Branch Angler.

Back