Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Mentor day
From Chester County
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Ernie,
There were many reasons for the day, but one of the original reasons when I first proposed it was to have a day to teach and prepare kids for fishing during the opening day a week later. With the lessons learned on their day I believed that they would have a better opening day and be able to fish more independently and more successfully. This would then, perhaps, open the door for parents to take them fishing more frequently or for the kids to go fishing more on their own.
Mike

Nice Mike. Great idea to do something to introduce kids to fishing. Hopefully the program "catches on" and expands in future years. Anyone that complains the kids are catching "my" fish before the opener is a curmudgeon, and that guy should be hung by his rod.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 6:56

From LV
They should have porta pots at all access areas.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 20:44

From LV
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Chaz,

While some anglers expressed that complaint, it was very few. I heard that from two anglers out of perhaps the 180 adults who fished at Antietam.

Butsome on this thread admitted they took advantage of this to fish when they were supposed to menotr.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 20:47

From North East PA
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Chaz,

While some anglers expressed that complaint, it was very few. I heard that from two anglers out of perhaps the 180 adults who fished at Antietam.

Butsome on this thread admitted they took advantage of this to fish when they were supposed to menotr.

Maybe they should introduce a change to not allow the mentor to carry a rod. On?y one rod per child.?

Posted on: 2013/3/29 20:52

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
No Chaz, I said I fished for my youngest. Meaning I cast for him and handed him the rod and then when the bobber went under tried setting the hook with him. I did say he walked away a few times, but I had to keep fishing to get a fish, so I could real HIM back in. Additionally, the regs said it was fine for adults to fish if they had kids. I do not consider what I did fishing.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 21:33

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
We only had one rod per child.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 21:34

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Cambria County
If the mentored youth day even got a few kids interested, it's worth it. It may be hard to tell from time to time, but we are a dying breed. Many kids these days do not want to get outdoors. For a lot of them, it's just as rewarding to sit at home and play video games or surf the Internet. If the mortality rate of stocked trout spiked a little that day, so be it.

At the end of the day, there really is no pleasing some people. No matter what the PFBC does, there will always be a group of guys who put it down.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 23:20

From North East PA
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
We only had one rod per child.

Shane,

Not poking at you (this time ) Just at those who took advantage.

I've know you long enough to know that your focus was a good time for your son.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 7:17

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
89 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com