Lost Sage Reel on Spring Creek

S

smgfish

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine borrowed my Sage reel Sunday afternoon on Spring. When we packed up he left it on the bumper of his jeep. We were parked at the Gas Station at the McCoy section of the Stream. I think it fell off as we pulled out. We went back a few hours later and couldn't find it.

Let me know if you find it a cold one or more will be provided.

send a message to the two local flyshops. There are many stories of people recovering lost items because they are turned in at the shops.

I,d check around where you would have first braked or swung round hard. It might not fly off right away.

Good Idea, I will call TCO and FFP. We checked the side of the RD and all over the Gas Station lot. There is a good hump that we hit pulling off the gravel onto the lot that we felt sure the reel would still be lying there. We came back 2 hours later and ask the attendant she didn't have it. I think it fell off in the lot and someone picked it up.

Just giving this a ride to the top.

I guess nobody found it yet.

I stopped and looked around at the parking area next to the gas station, beside the creek, but didn't see anything.

If you think it's possible it was lost at another spot, let me know, and I'll check. I live close by.

I,d check around where you would have first braked or swung round hard. It might not fly off right away.

very true, i once left my digital camera on the back of my brothers car while we were going to the little j. We made it about 10 miles down the road before another driver flagged us down and we pulled over to get it.

Thanks Troutbert for looking. We pulled out and drove through the parking lot of the gas station then into Bellefonte then turned left on 144 up over the mountain to Centre Hall. We looked on the side of the RD all the way to Tussy Mt Outfitters didn't see it. It was dark when we looked so we might of missed it. We were in a Jeep Wrangler with a stick shift and the guy driving was pretty rough on the clutch so we did bounce a bit. :)

I left a cell phone on the tonneau cover of my truck once, and drove off. Drove back there, looked all over, didn't find it. A week later, bought a new phone. Nearly a month later, a package arrived from Verizon. It was my old phone. Someone had found it, battery dead no doubt, so they got no info from it. They took it to a Verizon store, who matched it to me, and shipped it back to me. It still worked fine.

Good luck on the reel.

My wallet pulled a disappearing act on me once - I laid it on the top of my truck after finishing up fishing Young Womans Creek. I drove down the road, and hopped onto route 120. About 15 miles down the road, it occurred to me my wallet was not in my pocket, and no amount of rustling through the junk in the console could make the wallet appear, because my head knew I had left it on the top of the truck. Having never lost a wallet before, I began to try and figure out how to go about canceling all the junk that is in it. I pulled over at the first place and got out. Checked the roof, in case some how, incredibly, it had stayed in place. It had not. It had, however, fallen into the bed of the truck, which probably means it fell off as I was accelerating straight. It could have just as easily fell off to the side, while going around a curve.

Hope you find your reel or whoever find it connects with this thread and is able to return it to you.

I NEVER put anything on the top, back or bumper of a car. There have been a large number of losses that my friends have incurred this way. If you set anything on your car, such as a ffishing rod, put it on the hood, right in front of the driver. This greatly reduces the chances of driving off and losing it.

smg - bummer on the reel, though it still may turn up. Good move to post here - there have been several times the lost and found have matched up.

Have you thought to post this on hunting pa ? Might help. Bummer about the reel, hope you get it back.

Back