Looking for a good video

Phillyfisher

Phillyfisher

I am trying to find a Christmas present for my uncle who taught me how to flyfish and tie flies. He suffered a bad stroke that left him partially paralyzed, and only able to say a few words. He is unable to hunt and fish. You can tell from the look in his eyes he understands, but just has a tough time communicating. I has been trying to find some fishing videos, like Flyfishing America on ESPN. I think he would enjoy watching the them fish in various locations. I have been unable to track down any videos of a similar format as most are educational, and instruction videos. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Philly,
Some of the best video is by Ozzie Ozefovich, most of it shot underwater. Go to:
underwateroz@comcast.net
He's a good guy and very knowledgable. His videos are excellent. The other guy is Don Douple but he doesn't have a web site. I can get contact info if you want it.

The videos by Lefty Kreh and Bob Clouser are a hoot to watch. Yes, they are "educational", but those two guys are spend about half the tape gettin' on each other. If your dad misses the comraderie of fellow flyfishers, that might remind him of what it's like to have someone swapping tips at the vice.

My sympathies to your dad. I've had a bicycling accident recently. I may recover, but for now I am in a wheelchair doing more "remembering when" than fishing myself.

The Trout Bum Diaries, Volume 1, Patagonia. I received this as a gift and really enjoy it. 4 guys, 5 months in Argentina. The footage is awesome. Your uncle is a lucky man to have someone like you to think about him this way.

Good Luck,
Rolf

Thanks guys. Pad, it was my uncle not my dad, but since my dad isn't much of an outdoorsman, my uncle filled the gap. I think about him everytime I sit down to tie and especially this year when we were on the Snake River and in Yellowstone. He would have loved that trip. He was the last person I would have ever guessed this would have happened to. He was built like a lumberjack, and strong as an ox. I will look into your suggestions. They sound like just the right thing.

Back