Little J

C

CRB

Any new information on the case? I think the court ruling is to be made soon, am I right?
Thanks
RB

http://www.springridgeclub.org

I spoke with someone in the know and the decision is still many months off in the future. Transcripts of the trial are not complete and the parties will be given time to submit proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law. Maybe by next April with any luck. Then, the appeals-- my God, the appeals!

CRB,
I noticed you're from ERIE, I grew up there.
I am wondering if you've heard anything about SRC leasing property on the Erie tribs?
I've heard some water close to you in Ohio (the Connie)) has been wrapped up and property on one PA eastside trib is a done deal. Also, a recently posted section of Elk and another westsider. I know that the PFBC is also pursuing these PA properties with their easement fund.
What do you know?

I thought that the judge had 90 days to rule on this.
I'm pretty sure the trial ran from june 11 to june 15, so he should have ruled by now. I can't for the life of me understand why this is dragging out so long. This judge heard a week of testimony, had 90 days to think about it, and he still can't make a decision? Amazing!
How long would things take if this was a criminal case?

You're right. It will be any day now. The judge had 90 days to make a decision. The important thing to remember is that once the judge makes his ruling, the src CAN appeal, but it won't do any good. Once this ruling is made, it will be very unlikely to be changed. The Little Lehigh is a perfect example. The ruling was appealed, and finally the judge declared that no further appeals would be heard. The ruling will stand forever. I can just see the waters in front of the SRC club now. It will be like the first day of trout season down there. I might go just to watch the festivities! :)

The PAFBC is certain they will win. Now it's on to Yellow Creek or whatever the next reasonable winable battle would be.

Unfortunately, yellow creek is not navigable - SRC can legally keep people from fishing there, just like on spruce creek, and that's not going to change anytime soon
Again, I just can't believe how long it's taking to get this resolved.
If I remember correctly, the PFBC and DCNR filed this suit about 2 years ago. When it finally came to trial in June, I thought it's finally going to be settled. Right!

Back