Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 33 34 35 (36)

Re: Let's Start Steelhead Fever

From Ohio
Haha yeah there's not much secrets on Steelhead Alley, well there are a few....but the Ashtabula isn't one of them lol. I only fished it once, definitely want to explore it a little more.

I was actually planning on fishing the Chagrin today since I haven't really fished it much, and none at all for steelhead, but looking at the gauges Rocky River looks to be the only game in town. Crowds should be nuts. And I guess the Ash and the smaller tribs should be ok too. Vermillion is fishable but that's a little too far for me. I'll be leaving here shortly, first steelhead trip of 2013!

Posted on: 2013/3/30 7:12

From Ohio
It was really tough out there today steelhead wise. I hooked into two decent ones but they both spit the hook. One made a pretty sweet jump, and both seemed fresh. TONS of other people were out too and most I talked to reported poor fishing as well. Only saw 2 steelhead caught all day, but I did spot a couple way upstream but they were spooky.

Now the suckers, it was crazy!! Must of hooked into 30 of them throughout the day. Most were foul hooked but a good bunch ate our flies as well. Better than not catching anything. Weather was great too, overall just a wonderful day out on the river despite the lack of steelhead.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 20:35

From NE OH
Yesterday was tough. Rocky and V were fishing, and so were a million other folks because of the nice weather. I actually decided to take my clients to Elk and it paid off. She was stained beautiful and flowing. I was able to get them on fish and they had the space to work on their casting, line management etc without people crawling all over them. The monster smallies will be coming in soon as well and that always makes Elk kind of sexy in April. Doesn't look like the rain Sunday will amount to much. This next week will be nice on the Ohio Tribs.

Posted on: 2013/3/31 8:47

From Ohio
Caught some feesh in Ohio yesterday. Not all of the bigger rivers/streams were too high, but I decided to do some exploring on a bunch of smaller water instead. Most of the fish I caught and seen caught/on stringers were older beat up fish, but I did catch one and heard of some fresher fish being caught. It was snowy, windy, and pretty cold most of the morning but it warmed up. Crazy it was over 80 a few days ago. Typical NE OH/NW PA weather lol

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/4/21 10:12

From Butler, Pa
new state record was released in pa . . .

http://goerie.com/article...chance-at-state-record

Posted on: 2013/4/21 13:33

« 1 ... 33 34 35 (36)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
122 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com