HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Just call me Lefty....

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
85% is a pretty good range considering how recently your surgery was. Glad to hear you'll be back on the water this week.

Thanks Squach, Well I gotta admit. Once I started physical therapy and they gave me routines to do here at home I've been pushing it to the limit as far as the work out goes. I asked how far I can push it and all they said was, let pain be the deciding factor. I really haven't been able to fish for the amount of time I've wanted to for a year or so because of the shoulder trouble. I'm hoping I have more endurance as I really start to heal up. As stated, The Oxycontin was the worst of the whole deal so far. It worked on the pain but I had to really fight it to break free of it. from someone who has abused their body damned near all their life between sports and work. Not have'n pain in my body sure is a nice thing but the up ain't worth the down. Thanks again Squach. I am so look'n forward to get'n back on the water.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lansdale
Fiveweight,
This is very encouraging. I'm getting mine done on 9/4, with hopes of being able to fish with less pain by spring. They say 6 weeks, and it sounds as if you're right on schedule.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 22:26

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

KeithS wrote:
Fiveweight,
This is very encouraging. I'm getting mine done on 9/4, with hopes of being able to fish with less pain by spring. They say 6 weeks, and it sounds as if you're right on schedule.

Keith, Read all of my posts on this. Things are going very well now.... It was real rough post op. If you would like more insight on what I went through to this point let me know. If they told you six weeks that is utterly fantastic. I was told 6/7/8 months for full 100% usage of arm/shoulder. If you really follow up with the physical therapy and workout at home also it pays off. You can't push it but you got to stay moving all the time or it just tightens up and is unbearable to break loose again. Mine was 3/4 torn or better. You should have no problems fishing by spring. Mine was done on 7-10 and I could cast a few weeks ago but was worried about taking a fall in the boulder strewn waters that I fish. I'm really not even worried about that just too much anymore, I feel that good. Just heed what has been said about the pain meds. Do what you gotta do to stop the pain but, just think about when you can start with Aleve or something else rather than the hard stuff. Good luck. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Posted on: 2013/8/24 6:37

4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

Good to hear you're ready to have at it. Fall can be fun.

Posted on: 2013/8/24 12:09

Posted on: 2013/8/24 12:09

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

rrt wrote:

Thanks rrt. Feeling real good at this stage. Thinking about heading out right now to hit some local brookie water. Can't to wait for Wednesday evening to head to camp.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 10:27

4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

KeithS wrote:
Fiveweight,

Hey, good luck on the 4th with your surgery keep us posted on how you make out.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 19:51

4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Used the arm pretty hard the past several days. Got to camp Wednesday night. Drove through rain like I never have before. Saw Noah twice, passed him once heading east on 322 and the storm must have been too rough for him and he turned around and I saw him head'n west just shy of Lewistown. Just an amazing amount of rain. By the time we got to Mt.Union it had dropped to a drizzle and by Mill Creek nothing to speak of.
Weed whacked a jungle on Thursday, this is good for my shoulder right? Fished the LJ and Spruce on Friday and did ok on both. Didn't set the world un fire but caught fish and had fun. Shoulder is give'n me grief but nothing I can't deal with. Towards the end it was hurt'n just setting the hook... So I switched to my left arm. All n all a good time at camp. Head'n back up as soon as I take out a 2nd on the house to pay for truck inspection!! Tires, upper n lower ball joints, tune up, some kinda whacky valve for emissions.... I am taking donations. Hope all you'ns had a good weekend. We did!

Posted on: 2013/9/2 20:04

4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lansdale
I made it through the surgery. The bicep tendon was "pretty beat up", quoting the surgeon. The rotator cuff wasn't too bad, so they had to fix the bicep and one other tendon. The pain was pretty bad after everything wore off. Oxycodone sucks. I'll manage the rest of the time with acetaminephin and ibuprofen. i got really bad hiccups along with the oxy buzz. The buzz was dealable, but I couldn't sleep due to the hiccups. Today, the pain is worse, but as they say-"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

'

Posted on: 2013/9/5 17:35

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

KeithS wrote:
I made it through the surgery. The bicep tendon was "pretty beat up", quoting the surgeon. The rotator cuff wasn't too bad, so they had to fix the bicep and one other tendon. The pain was pretty bad after everything wore off. Oxycodone sucks. I'll manage the rest of the time with acetaminephin and ibuprofen. i got really bad hiccups along with the oxy buzz. The buzz was dealable, but I couldn't sleep due to the hiccups. Today, the pain is worse, but as they say-"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Good to hear you came through it alright. Glad to hear you cam manage the pain with acetaminephim and ibuprofen. The pain I had, that stuff wouldn't have touched it. I was take'n acetaminephin with codeine a week prior to the surgery just so I could get a project finished up before the surgery. Told doc he was gonna earn his money on this one. I was gonna abuse the crap out of it before the surgery. He just laughed. You'll be back at it in no time. Don't know what you do for a living but, I can swing a hammer but not like I want to, Still limited in lifting but just figure out other ways to do things.. Keep us posted.

'

Posted on: 2013/9/6 7:06

4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lansdale
I've been in the cubicle as a Tech Rep for 5 years now. I'll be back on Tuesday, going at the computer one-handed for a few weeks. I dealt with this 20 years ago, moving 100 gallon and up propane tanks, digging trenches and piping. This time it'll be easier, as long as I do the therapy. Just have to be able to high stick for early
spring.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 18:21

From Philadelphia
Glad to hear things went well Keith.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 18:55

From Lansdale
Thanks, Fox.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 6:40

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com