is you favorite stream too low?

krayfish

krayfish

That should change big time in next 12-24 hours. Much needed rain on the way.

Noooooooooooooo I love it low!

We need the water brother! Fill em up! I think the Beaverkill went from around 350 cfs to almost 1800 cfs and it's still going up. They were just on the edge of a small band. Big stuff coming though. If the rain over Pittsburgh goes between State College and Corning region, that will be great. Get some more water back into the system. It's bad for opening day upstate but you expect high water in the spring. It looks like I could almost walk across the Susky in front of my house. That's normally 7-8' deep.

You should try. Also, wear a white robe and a long haired wig.

No im the snagger ;)

Hoping Potter County gets some rain and not just snow melt. I forsee clear water on the first day. Hope it is up more than last year, Windy, Low, Clear, and Cold water temps...Everyone favorite conditions for fly fishing

I love high water during opening day. I pray for tropical storms every year. Keeps the fishermen away and the fish in the streams!

Just checked the weather channel. They are calling for 1" inch of rain in Philly. On the radio I heard severe thunderstorms.

I agree with ryguyfi, hoping for a blowout!

RC, bulk of the rain is to the north. Blow it out baby!!!

I don't have a favorite stream, I really don't think the streams are low, see the other topic about streamflows for my comments. Pine's at 1000 cfs which is ideal for the whole watershed. I looked at other streams in the NC region, and they look fine.

I love it when its chocolate milk the first weekend, you don't gotta deal with clowns come Monday and Tuesdays and there is virtually no limit to how many you can catch.

I was just thinking this in the past week, if we are even near springtime high water levels we are in some big trouble. We have rain coming in the northeast this coming week.

I just hope the water temps don't read high 60's in mid May

StarvinMarvin wrote:
I love it when its chocolate milk the first weekend, you don't gotta deal with clowns come Monday and Tuesdays and there is virtually no limit to how many you can catch.

When the streams are very high and you have miserable weather on opening weekend, the fishing the rest of the season is better for native trout too. Because it reduces harvest opening weekend, and that is when a great deal of the harvest typically occurs.

Come on thunderstorms. :-D

just right, and nice dry fly action after I accidently pointed the car in the wrong direction yesterday...

We could use some rain but things here in the south central are actually pretty nice and not what I'd consider worryingly low (yet).

Water temps, have however, skyrocketed very fast. Last week, they were still in the 30s around here. Yesterday evening I got a read of 66 degrees in Yellow Breeches!

Yep - very strange spring this has been.

yeah, flows seem decent for fishin' right now, but I'd feel better if they were more 'spring like' and running a bit higher.

Have been noticing lately that usually mucky spots along the Letort are kinda firm and not nearly as troublesome when sneaking into some of the less pressured meadows...didn't sink in past my ankles once last night where usually I'd expect to sink shin deep for at least a few swampy steps. Feels kinda 'dry' out there now, and considering it's only early April...

Most of the streams are on the low side for spring, more like normal summer flows. The difference is, the water is still cool. In fact, the temps in some area streams are close to ideal for trout.

The fishing has been really good in many of the streams for FFers that scale down a bit with their flies and rigs, and remain stealthy.

Back