Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Is This A Normal Spring?

From Philadelphia
Hopefully hatches will maintain a normal cycle. Having Grannoms done in Centre County by Mid April last year sucked. I'm not sure but I think Green Drakes hatched as early they ever had last year. I like normal better.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 12:03

This spring is more normal than last year,that was too warm,it's a little colder this year than normal but next week it's going to get to normal temps.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 12:14

From Bucks County
Any chance for a ‘real’ warm up (anything near or above normal for more than 1-2 days at best) is now DOA for PA north well in April. By the time this Spring is over (if it even starts) will be one for the record books.

Going to be VERY interesting to see how this plays out.

I suggest any days that come up that are nice and warm, capitalize on them quickly as they come. They most likely will be the exceptions rather than the rule for a while.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 10:20

From Mont Co, Pa
Good post. ^ I think this Spring is anything but normal and I believe abnormal will continue to be the trend in the extended furture. It's almost scary what's happening to our weather!

Posted on: 2013/3/21 10:54

Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
For my backyard, per Accuweather, my February and March compared to average. The faint lines are the average high and low. The noisy lines are the actual highs and lows.

Temperature wise, looks pretty normal to me. I know our snowfall is well below normal here, but I think precip is somewhere around average. For us, all the precip events coincided with the warm spells and we got a more rain, less snow than average. I know it fell as snow in other parts of the state.

Best fit lines != 'averages'. You should know this!

Posted on: 2013/3/21 11:21

From Bucks County

Posted on: 2013/3/21 13:17

From Ferguson Twp.
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Hopefully hatches will maintain a normal cycle. Having Grannoms done in Centre County by Mid April last year sucked. I'm not sure but I think Green Drakes hatched as early they ever had last year. I like normal better.

Steve at FFP is predicting the grannoms to start about the third week in April this year. Getting mine tied and ready for the ride!

Posted on: 2013/3/21 16:29

From Pittsburgh
If the grannoms do hatch the 3rd week of april, that will be just about at their normal time.
But if this weather pattern doesn't change soon - and it's not supposed to - I would expect them even later than that.
The average daily temps around here have been almost 20 degrees below normal all week

Posted on: 2013/3/22 23:55

From harlansburg
and it's still snowing, with more coming sunday afternoon! places up near erie got almost 2 feet this week!
and with that, I'm heading out to do some skiing.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 6:48

From Ferguson Twp.
In a mountainous region is there such a thing as a normal season? Season to season. We've been here nine years now, not a long time I know but from what I've seen so far it's not.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 10:37

From Pittsburgh
I saw grannoms hatching on a central pa stream yesterday. So, I would say that - in spite of the extended cold weather this spring - the hatches are gonna be pretty much on schedule.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 0:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com