insect hatch or not

A

alatt

With all the high water, and rain I was wondering do the insects still hatch. Example; the green drake, if there is rain, and high water during the time they are suppose to hatching do they still come off or is the hatch delayed. It's like if a tree falls in the woods , and no one is there does it make a noise.

The Green Drakes will hatch when they are ready, and the high or muddy water will be a lesser factor. As we recently discussed, length of daylight could be a minor trigger as would be water temperature, both of which may correlate to high water. On the other hand, March Browns were just getting started, so it does seem that the hatches are a slight bit behind schedule (or at least not early like last year). The traditional expectation of them in early June, for instance on Penns, is probably going to be about right this year. How do I know this? I don't.

Tell you one thing, when a tornado warning is in effect the water is oddly still of all life.

(found out about the tornado thing after I got home, but it sure does explain the roiling clouds)

So, chalk that up in the "air pressure and weather patterns" section.

Back