Huntingdn Pa..... Coolest & Best Fishing

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Check out the fishing in our little bit of PARADISE

http://www.raystown.org/the-media-center/coolest-small-town-Huntingdon-Pennsylvania.html

Coolest in Pa

Fifth coolest in the nation

All This and Mountain Biking too, plus the Lower Trail that follows the Frankie

That's quite a claim from the official website of the huntingdon county visitors bureau...

Looks like all my neighbors are from Harrisburg/York/Hershey area, tons of guys from the Burgh and New Jersey on the Little J

http://www.city-data.com/forum/pennsylvania/623584-5-coolest-town-usa-central-pa.html

Here ya go Tom

http://www.google.com/search?q=coolest+towns&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en

We are alos the most Republican part of the state (9th )
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/americas-coolest-towns-bu_n_187451.html

I just checked weather dot com and State College is exactly 2 degrees cooler than Huntingdon as we speak. Plus, there are college girls there-- just stay away from my daughter.

So, Do you own a fly shop in huntingdon or what? Chamber of Commerce president?

I've never seen such an aggressive add campaign on a forum for a town before...

If none of the above then be careful what you wish for by putting this out here...

I prefer the fishing at state college, but the area is nice.

I agree, the ad campaign is a little weird.

TDB wrote:
So, Do you own a fly shop in huntingdon or what? Chamber of Commerce president?

I've never seen such an aggressive add campaign on a forum for a town before...

If none of the above then be careful what you wish for by putting this out here...

I think he may be a local politician trying to generate tax revenue, probably to get a building named after himself. :lol:

Ah, come on! He's just proud of his hometown. I'd be bragging too if Monessen was named high on a national list for something other than dirtiest hookers or most violent drug dealers.

Actually, though we are

Pennsylvania's Emptiest Town

Don't worry Jack, the Mon-Fayette Expressway will save the entire Mon Valley. Oh, that's right, there is no money to build it, forget what I just said.

They found all the money they needed to build every segment but the one that connects it to Pittsburgh. WDVE had a spoof song called The Expressway to Brownsville, sung to the Soul Survivors' hit "Expressway (To Your Heart)," later done by the Blues Brothers and many others.

Be careful about promoting your small town. Montana used to be a small town until some yahoo made a movie (or 3) about it. Just hope that the Californicators never discover Huntindon, it will be completely ruined if that happens.
Disclaimer: I did live in Montana many years before the Movie.

How do you mountain bike on a pimple?
Sure you don't mean sissy biking?
Ask flybop about the big ladies right behind him-grizzlies,mountain lions and angry moose to add a little excitement.
What do you have L J,poodles?
Speaking of great fishing,I saw some really big minnows today.

Pete, I have been to Huntingdon a few times. It really is a beautiful place with some great fishing close by. In fact, if I could not live where I do now my next choice would be back in central Pa.

Pete,

No offense, but I'd live in the armpit of PA before I ever moved to florida.

good-nobody in this part-you wouldn't believe how few people.
big minnows were tarpon.I decided I didn't have a fight with them when one cleared the water and sounded like a car being dumped from five feet when it hit.
Just teasing L J.
I wouldn't live near York again-too hot but northern part not bad.
If I could afford it Vancouver B.C. in the summer and Daytona Fl. in winter would be tough to beat.

oops-definitely not worth repeating-my bad
hate that expression

Personally, I think Jim Thorpe is the coolest "small town" in Pa. It was up there on the list. There's also some very nice native/wild trout fishing in the area, as well as lots of other activities.

By the way-when I lived in York bought a house for $12,000 on north side of town in a development.

Back