HELP , please

N

NewTyer1

The benefit you guys held for me was wonderful but, what was once a wonderful cause has taken a turn for the worse. Somehow, some way my daughter and ex-wife has misinterpreted what was a benefit to raise money for me to go up north to spend some time with my daughter during her operation, has turned into a battle, if you will, with my ex and daughter. They are under the assumption that I took the money under false pretenses and that the money raised should have gone to them and not to me to go up north. I am at a loss, my daughter does not want to see me and my ex-wife has gotten a restraining order barring me from the hospital and if I show up there, I am to be arrested. So, I am asking for your opinions on what to do with the money since I am not going to see her. As far as I can see, my options are...

1. keep the money raised to help pay for the insurance premiums
2. send the money to my daughter. Or
3. return the money to all. As some of the money has already been spent on insurance cost and work on the vehicle to get me up north, I cannot send all money back but, will give back as much to as many people as possible.

Please tell me your opinions on what I should do. I am heart broken over this whole mess and really need your help.

I think you're putting everyone in a tough position. You can do what you need to with my 20.

I'm not trying to put anyone in a tough position. I just want to do what's right for everyone involved.

if you cannot see your daughter, I would make sure she gets the money somehow, and your ex-wife gets absolutely nothing.

If you can't see your daughter, put it in a savings bond for her. Just my two cents.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. For what it's worth, I don't want my $30 back. It was a gift to you. Do what you think is best for you and your daughter.

Well, I am thinking along the same lines and either opening up a savings account or even getting a bond and that way they will mature. I am sorry if you guys feel as if I'm doing an injustice to you by posting this but, it was your money you donated. It is just that I am so distrought over this. I will make sure that she gets the money and that it is in her name only so when and IF she turns 18, she will be able to draw on it. I will also make sure that I am the only one that has access to it so that I can continue putting money in as it comes.

that sounds like a good idea, and I for one, appreciate the honesty your showing us. Good luck, and hopefully everything will turn out for the best.

My comment was not intended to add drama to your situation. Only that there is no way that we could know the entirety of the situation, and therefore could not possibly make the best decision in this circumstance. You will know better than us.

I would like to see my contribution refunded to Gfen and hereby request that he take those proceeds and contribute them in their entirety to St Judes Childrens Hospital.

Thanks

Dear newtyer,

You can keep my money under one condition, you never darken the door here at PA FF again.

The choice is yours.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

jdaddy wrote:
I would like to see my contribution refunded to Gfen and hereby request that he take those proceeds and contribute them in their entirety to St Judes Childrens Hospital.

Thanks

I request the same with my $20

perhaps all responses to his question should go through PMs or directly through email

Please consider in your response
he has made an attempt to be forthcoming and is reaching out for advice and help
the pressures he was, and now is, under
that all of this was thrust upon him quickly and unexpectedly, which may have led to some poor decisions.

newtyer see PM

Dear nymphingmaniac,

No, things should be kept right here on the front page.

Go back and search his history on this board and then come back and ask that things be kept private. I'm guessing you won't think the same once you do your research.

Here's the bottom line, a fraud needs to be exposed as a fraud.

Sincerely,

Tim Murphy

Over on the Ultralight FF board he's looking for a reel for an Orvis Superfine Touch Ultrafine and a 5 weight line. I guess that's what the money's for.

Link

NewTyer,

All I can say is wow! Only you know the truth to what has happened these past weeks. I suspect that you have helped destroy the good faith some on this board showed by helping your family during their time of need. The next time there is a situation where a family is in need of help will they step up and answer the call?? Maybe, maybe not. I guarantee you they will think back to this for sure.

Board,

No one knows what has really happened with this situation. We can speculate on things which really does no one any good. I can add my two cents as I did give to this cause.

What happened was a bunch of fly guys got together and helped answer the bell to a perceived family in need. We may never know how much truth there is to this story. Please know that this does not diminish your act of kindness in anyway. It is cliche but it really is the thought that counts.

I did as Tim suggested and looked at his history. I see a lot of history of swapping, buying, and selling items. Makes me a little uneasy, I guess. But no smoking guns that are gonna make me call the guy a fraud. Maybe I'm missing something?

From what I see, guy wanted to go see his sick daughter. We gave HIM money to do it. Ex-wife ends all hope of it happening. He does the honorable thing and informs us, offers to give most of it back, and if we don't want it back, asks for advice on what to do with it.

Certainly not how I wanted this to end, I wanted to see my money help reunite a family in their time of need. But what can you do? If I had some real evidence of fraud, like say, his daughter wasn't really sick, then yes, I'd ask for my money back, and maybe consider taking it beyond that. But unless someone shows me a smoking gun, I'm trusting the guy and standing by my gift.

I intended for newtyer to use it to help his troubled family. The originally imagined method proved impossible. So now I'm asking him to use his best judgement on how to achieve that mission, as he's certainly in a better position to do so.

Comin from a person who had cancer. Spend as much time with them as you can. Keep a positive mind set. It's a really tough time your going though I know from experiance. But you have to keep your spirits up. Beating cancer is not about the drugs they give you... It's about the heart that you have... "Life is to short to worry about tomorrow, you live for today."

I pretty much agree with pcray...............

Sad turn of events. Wishes of your donations toward NewTyer1 can be handled via PM. Open discussion of this matter is closed.

Thread locked.

Back