Hello

PaulG

PaulG

Hi everyone it's been awhile since I've been on the site. I've been pretty disgusted with the way my health has been going, besides all the rest of my problems, I had to two surgery's on my right leg, now I have to get the left one done too.

So it looks like my wade fishing days my be over. I guess I'll have to buy a boat or fish from the bank, which I never like doing.

I know some of you have been trying to get a hold of me by phone or email, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you guys but I've been depressed and didn't feel like talking , I hope you understand!

I haven't been on this site much for the same reasons, I guess I'll just have to pick myself and up and see what I can do.

I really miss fishing and all the friends I made over the years on paflyfishing. I'm just going to see what happens and go from there.

PaulG

Jules is already talkin about gettin a drift boat for the South Holston, only problem is the length of the trip to get there.
Im thinkin about double dippin on a trip down there and include Bristol Motor speedway. Im pretty confident you'd be welcome.
Just a hunch. ;-)

Get back in the saddle Paul. You've got guys on here that will help you get back out there. Father time will eventually beat all of us. Chin up, heal fast and get your next stinking of fish again soon.

I know what you are going through. I've been having back problems. Some days I can't even walk or get up. I have not done any type of fishing in almost a year. It is very depressing. They want me to do all these other steps before they will do surgery. I think they are going to try one last thing then I think it will be time for surgery. I've never felt so helpless. Wife having to do all or most of the work around the house.

Paul, you always got buddies here. Glad to see you back around these parts. [For those of you new, Paul is known as the nicest poster on PAFF. In his absence, however, Albatross is a worthy heir. Sorry to all the other nice people, but I don't know you as well].

No offense taken. I'm an exceptionaly kind poster too. =-O

krayfish wrote:
Get back in the saddle Paul. You've got guys on here that will help you get back out there. Father time will eventually beat all of us. Chin up, heal fast and get your next stinking of fish again soon.

Great post. +1 We're all on "borrowed time" and know that we'll eventually be where you are. Best of luck getting back out there and doing the best you can!

Good to see you back,Paul.
Boat fishing isn't that bad trust me on that. I'd say that as long as you can cast as well as you do the boat will do the wading/walking for you. Just get out there and try it. GG

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing and you have been a big part of the site since this was all started here. I'm with Jack and share that you are a wonderful contributor here. So sorry about your physical challenges on getting out on the stream. Please stay in touch and we look forward to seeing you.

Dave

No doubt.

Get well soon Paul.

My mantra, the best you can every day. Hope you get well soon.
Sean

Paul is one of those rare people that always had a good word for everyone on this site.

Good luck, Paul. I'm sure you'll be back fishing again.

Paul,gotta keep pushing IMO.We have never met,but no problem helping someone out.Consider:
a)I have several boats(for freshwater and salt) and do several types of fishing,besides wading for trout.

b)Depending on where you live,I can pick you up for a day of fishing or can meet up with you.No hidden sharing the cost deal to worry about,since I'm fishing any way

c)Also, I have several easy walk and wading spots to fish for trout

So,PM me with your location,address and contact info,and I'll try to put something together

Regards,
Tom

Dear Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues.

While I don't know you well, I do know you well enough to know that you have been a helpful and encouraging contributor to this board for a very long time. You are definitely one of the true "nice guys" around these parts.

So as you deal with your issues I hope that you find the time to chime in and add your perspective on things for you have a great deal of perspective and experience to add.

In the meantime if you want to go fishing with AFISHN he's worth talking to and fishing with from personal experience.

Likewise, if you want to fish somewhere like Holman Lake or Memorial Lake I have a 16' boat that could use someone sitting up front to counter-balance my fat behind.

Take care and get well soon!

Sincerely,

Tim Murphy :)

Nice to hear from you again Paul - and best of luck with everything.

If you ever get out to the little j again, maybe we can hook up. I know a few places there where you can reach risers from the bank.

cheering for you ,and wishing you well!

Take the recovery one step at a time... heal up correctly... and we'll all be meeting at your place for coffee at the jam soon!

For what it's worth, my wife's grandfather had major surgery on his knee and hip in his 70s. After rehab and daily exercise he was able to walking again without any aid. It took a long while. But he stuck to it. Never gave in. A couple years after, he was able to ride a bike! Wishing you all the best. Use fishing as a goal. Something to shoot for.

Paul I hope you will be feeling better soon. Maybe we could meet over at the Run in Boiling Springs. A great place for some easy access. keep in touch.
Bill A

Paul, I too have not been on the site much in a long while, though not due to any physical problems (just work, mostly). Glad I stopped by, because it's good to hear from you, although I'm sorry to hear about your ailments. I agree with what others have said - we should figure out a way to get you on the water. The Paradise has always been easy access and no-wading, and you're a dry-fly guy, so maybe that's a good first option when you get back to camp. Best wishes. Will

Back