Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Grays Run in Lycoming County?

Hi, I am a new member hear. Been reading a lot of the post on here lately and have for the last couple of years just did not really say too much. Was wondering if any of you ever fished on Grays Run in Lycoming County in the special regulation area? Fished there a couple times and have had not luck. Have any of you guys ever fished there? I do not here about this stream what so ever and wanted your guys thoughts. Any information is appreciated

Thanks

Posted on: 2007/3/27 22:50

Re: Grays Run in Lycoming County?

From Harrisburg
Dear BMAC,

In the early 1990's I fished it quite often and usually did pretty well if it had decent waterflow in it and I didn't spook the fish.

Most of the Northern Lycoming County streams got pretty well pounded by the January 1996 flood as well as several other more recent floods like the Fall of 2004. The last few times I bothered with Gray's Run two or three years ago it still looked to be in less than prime condition, with a number of filled in flat spots where small pools and riffles and runs used to exist.

It may well be worth fishing again, but I haven't been back to check on it for a couple of years.

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2007/3/28 1:11

Re: Grays Run in Lycoming County?

From Lewistown
I fish it once or twice a year. But because I rarely catch fish, I limit my time at that stream. There is not a lot of insects in the water and is a horrible stream to nymph fish becasue of the lack of deep pockets. The water is so clear the fish can see you a mile away. I normally fish it this time of year, but am going to give it a shot in june/july; I am doing to try drift dies down the riffles.
The main reason I don't like the stream is that the lower 1/3 and upper 1/3 is private water.

Posted on: 2007/3/28 9:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
119 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com