Grateful Dead Inspired

C

Cosmic_Nick

Hey all,

A really good friend of mine just started a clothing line focusing primarily on custom GD clothing and its really awesome stuff! At any rate he told me I could basically make anything I wanted in line of hoodies, t-shirts, hats, etc. So Im trying to put together a flyfishing/Grateful Dead hybrid design. All the work would be done with an embroidery machine and will literally outlast the garment itself. So reaching out to the board because im fairly cirtain ive come across a fair amount of folks who would be into the idea.

All ideas would be welcome!

Great idea. I have some pics...gotta find them.

beeber2, where'd you get the reel in your avatar?

Sounds like a cool idea. Plenty of dead lyrics that have todo with fish.

Yea, I'd like to see it when ya get some done.

FF/Dead Hybrid t-shirt and/or hat ... remember back in the day all the locals would make steal ur face sport t-shirts like this

il_fullxfull.412858525_k105.jpg

Do something like this but FF inspired. Trucker hat and tshit I'm a customer. Also think there are great possibilities for dancing bears chucking flies or something like that.

"There's mosquitoes on the river fish are rising up like birds"

Pretty much throw a steely up on a shirt and you can put anything in there whether trout flies, etc you get my point. And yes there is some extremely interesting stuff that could be done.

I've seen hats before. I'd really be interested in see what you can do! Keep me posted I would def pick something up from you.

Nice to see some interest!

Plenty of potential lyrics to explore-- maybe some brokedown palace references

I've yet to draw it up yet but I'd like to have a skeleton with a fly rod bent from a trout on the line and make the reel a stealy, and try to incorporate the bolt into the fishes lateral line. Ill try and sketch it up a post a picture tomorrow.

The Dead are Dead stop trying to bring them back . :lol: :lol: :lol:

streamerguy, that pic came from tulpehoken creek outfitters web site. It's one of a kind, wish it were mine.

Keep me posted as well. Hey Fredrick, "Nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile" Ypu oughta try it.

Beeber I like the licorice quote, that was a nice analogy on his part!

Ill keep everyone posted its a bit of a process as I have to get everything digitized before things can be made. Ill post drawings as I go to get feedback, and at some point if anyone's interested ill just take what you'd like and head to his house and get it done.

"Take my line, go fishing for a Tuesday"

Fredrick wrote:
The Dead are Dead stop trying to bring them back . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nonsense. They are alive in the hearts of the family.

AZJackStraw-- thats a good one, thats definately going to make it on something or another.

Back