Geese!

D

DavidFin

So, any goose encounters this year?

I was sandwiched by two pairs on the East Branch of the Deleware last week; just a bunch of hissing, which turned to gorging once a hatch got into full swing.

I had two geese with 4 trailing goslings swim right by me today. Within about 10 feet. Never even acknowledged I was there. I was preparing for war.

this little guy wouldn't leave us alone a few years ago on Penn's

Attachments

• IMGP4730.JPG
    IMGP4730.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 3
One time on Spring Creek, I saw a female mallard calling out for its ducklings. It was swimming around looking for them, but there weren't any little ones in sight.

Delicious roasted on a spit.

Before América was colonised, Goose was the traditonal day roast on xmas day in Europe.

Ran into one on the Donegal the other day. She was sitting on her eggs. Lots of honking and nonsense, but not an aggressive encounter. Always startling when you don't see them laying in the grass!

2 or 3 weeks ago I was out with a spinning rod. Threw a lure over the pool I was fishing and over a tall brush pile, on an island where it snagged. After spending way to long working my way over to the island (no waders, I was hopping on rocks) I get almost to the top of the brush pile and that is when I notice the goose sitting on her nest, just a few feet from my face. The lure was just behind her. I shook my head, turned around, and moved on.

I saw one nesting on a little island on Penns was surprised I didn't get attack lol the male was on the nest tried to hide his head I just kept my distance and walked on was about dark not sure if that was why it was calmer

Back