Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Fryin' up wild browns

From Mount Joy, PA
Sweet cheesus, you're one of those in "denial"!

I just did a "Google search" on global warming temperatures and clicked the "Images" feature. Damn near every graph shown goes up to the right.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 10:29

From Ephrata, PA
Me and NASA haha! In all honesty, I tend to think the brookies will survive, regardless. Those fish have been through hell and back. If anything, we're more aware of their "plight" now and are taking steps to help them. I don't say that to give us a free pass to do whatever we want, environmentally speaking. I say it to encourage us. I honestly think the fishing for my kids will be better than it is for me. I hope so anyway!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 10:35

From Pittsburgh, PA
In my opinion if the state is suggesting a harvest then I wouldnt. I feel the state should mandate a harvest if they are fully committed to managing the habitat in a particular manner. For example, the manadatory killing of lake trout within the Yellowstone eco system.

It is interesting though because even in Yellowstone you are allowed to kill rainbow trout on Slough Creek but you are not required to do so. Im not educated enough to know why its not mandatory as a threat to cutthroats similar to your scenario above, but if it is then why would you not get them out before it pushes the natives out like in Yellowstone Lake? Its curious to me....

Posted on: 2013/5/1 11:33

Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:

Or get too cold and hinder the growth season!
http://principia-scientific.org/suppo ... ide-cools-atmosphere.html

Did you even bother reading the cited NASA article? It's an article about solar flare activity, not about climate change. So I'm curious how the 'scientists' at Principia Scientific did their research and made the connection to climate change. No source or original research was given, no giant surprise. I guess they weren't counting on people reading their source article. Quite dubious.

They have no information about who's doing the writing, and they have hidden there whois information through domain privacy service. Doesn't sound like clear, open, scientific research to me.

They argue that CO2 is a coolant in the upper atmosphere, therefore it behaves as a coolant everywhere. It's like saying that if you dump a bunch of salt into water, and then find that water freezes at 3F, that all water freezes at 3F, when the reality is that there is a ton of other factors to consider.

There is more than enough good, and moderately good, research that shows that increases in CO2 does increase global temperatures. If you're interested, I could point you in the right direction.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 11:34

Our camp is right down the road from LR. Love it fish it often. I always wondered where the browns came from and faced that dilema a few years ago. Although I mostly catch smaller brookies I do see more and more browns showing up. have never caught a bow up there but couple of years ago, landed a very large brown but couldnt bring myself to kill him. Today ,he would be on my wall. I wonder how many brookies he consumed to get that size. As far as I know they only stock bows and paliminos in the lake. Last weekend I drove by the lake and it was loaded with anglers. The fish where rising everywhere.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:03

From Ephrata, PA
Man I was just shartting Geo a little!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:04

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:

No he wasn't wsender. I know for a fact that he is a Hol ... err, ... I mean ... climate change denier. Let him have it!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:16

From Ephrata, PA
I deny or confirm nothing!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:18

Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:

No he wasn't wsender. I know for a fact that he is a Hol ... err, ... I mean ... climate change denier. Let him have it!

I'm too busy figuring out that staircase. So far, I have something like this.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:42

From Ephrata, PA
Hey thanks for the waders, dude. I put them up to the middle of my chest yesterday and came out bone dry!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:44

From Bucks County
Harvesting trout where legal to do so is fine. I was taught by my fishing mentors to do so. Then, I worked as a fish monger for a few years. I would start my morning by scaling and fileting a few cases of salmon which cured me of any desire to filet any fish of my own therafter...

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:46

Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
An interesting thought. As we pulled up to Lyman Run on Friday, BradfromPotter noted that "they" really encourage the harvesting of the browns on that stream. This is a wild brook trout enhancement stream, and many of us know how brownies can really take over a stream and push the brookies out. So how do you guys feel about the harvesting in this situation?

I realize many of us have no problem harvesting wild or native fish from time to time, others have a serious problem with it. Just a little fun for Wed. morning.

Who is "they" and how do they "really encourage the harvest of browns on that stream."

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:56

From Central, PA
Farmer Dave long time no see and tulenkot I agree with your post. troutbert brad has wco insiders down state. lol

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:59

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
An interesting thought. As we pulled up to Lyman Run on Friday, BradfromPotter noted that "they" really encourage the harvesting of the browns on that stream. This is a wild brook trout enhancement stream, and many of us know how brownies can really take over a stream and push the brookies out. So how do you guys feel about the harvesting in this situation?

I realize many of us have no problem harvesting wild or native fish from time to time, others have a serious problem with it. Just a little fun for Wed. morning.

Who is "they" and how do they "really encourage the harvest of browns on that stream."

Don't know, which is why I put the "" around "they"

Posted on: 2013/5/1 13:01

Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:

Someone in the know, did they used to stock brownies in the lake? Is that how the browns got into Lyman Run?

Brown trout have been in northcentral PA streams since the 1920s and 1930s.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 13:01

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com