fly shops off pa turnpike.

SNJChef

SNJChef

Driving up the turnpike now to lehighton. Any fly shops not far off the turnpike? Just past landsdale 63.

Thanks.

Yeah there's a really sweet one in Landsd.....ahh shart you just passed it!

I'm just messing. I have no clue haha!

Haha funny. Guess I am gonna hit the evening hatch.

I was just messing w/ my reel here at work....counting the hours down til I can leave for the Jam, and I'm thinking I need new line. I'll probably stop at BPS though in Harrisburg (shhh!). Are you on your way to the Jam?

Naw my cabin in white haven. Was gonna stop in lehighton to fish on the way up the lehigh is blown out.

I think the Heritage fly shop in Allentown is there. In White Haven, you might be able to scamper about before Mud Run and Hickory come in. Right off the bridge in White Haven, coming into town off the turnpike(off 940) there is parking past the row of shops by the grocery store. It's called market fresh or something. Then, past White Haven, after crossing over top of 80, you can go down this road named Lehigh Gorge Drive. Go down that until you hit Tannery Road. Parking for about 7 cars is along a bridge, and the trail is right there. Both these areas have bigger pools that they fish may be rising in.

Tan Caddis 12-16 and big March Browns, like a 6-8 have been working. Smaller March browns will work -around a 10 or 12. MB emergers in a rusty spinner color work well too. Sulphurs may be coming out, they like high water. Size 14-16.

Lehigh is running at 783 right now. Still dicey. So back down to plan B picked up sulphurs for tonight.

No trout yet one but almost ram over by a huge bear. Atleast I remebered the mace this time.

Back