Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: fly fisher in philly

From LV
I didn't see anything about the whale dying, and I remember the press tracking the whale up and down the river and don't recall them saying they found it dead. I know the stranding center in NJ was trying to get it to go back to sea.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 19:27

From schuylkill county, pa
I don't mean to hi-jack this, but, Chaz, what about the water from the Wadesville pitt? Could you please explain. Just wondering.

John

Posted on: 2007/3/21 22:02

From Delaware Co.
You can always go to FDR Park and fish for snakeheads. I don't know to many places were you can fish for snakeheads in PA...

Posted on: 2007/3/24 9:07

From Southeast PA
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
You can always go to FDR Park and fish for snakeheads. I don't know to many places were you can fish for snakeheads in PA...

I hope it stays that way!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2007/3/25 19:43

Snakeheads. They're on my list of fish to catch to catch this year. I've been tying up weedless poppers, sliders and streamers to use in FDR. At least, now I don't have to drag my fly rod with me on my next trip to Singapore, where snakeheads are consider to be one of the top targets by the local fly rodders, along with being excellent table fare.

Posted on: 2007/3/26 11:15

Speaking of the Wissahickon Creek, has anyone heard about how it has recovered after the chemical spill in it last summer?

Posted on: 2007/3/26 11:56

Yeah, it can stink in the slow sections, but if you down around devil's hole there's a good inflow of fresh spring water and stays nice and clean. Obviously the Schuylkill really stinks. I mean I wouldn't kill any of the fish anyway, but just putting the info out there in case somebody ain't got no sense.

Posted on: 2007/3/27 14:36

From Delaware Co.
Philly let me know how you do in the park? I don't know if you remeber me but I was the one you gave the fly to at the Sporting Gentleman when you were giving your tying class. I just got my new 8wt last month and soon as I catch a fish with the fly I will send you a pic......

Quote:
Snakeheads. They're on my list of fish to catch to catch this year. I've been tying up weedless poppers, sliders and streamers to use in FDR. At least, now I don't have to drag my fly rod with me on my next trip to Singapore, where snakeheads are consider to be one of the top targets by the local fly rodders, along with being excellent table fare.

Posted on: 2007/3/27 16:21

From Bozeman
I'll be fishing snakeheads too. If I ever manage to find one, I'll post here a pic!

Posted on: 2007/3/27 16:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com