Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fishing on Friday the 13th

From LV

Great pictures - very evocative. The fish appears to be fully colored and ready to spawn. Respectfully, it's possible you and TB may have done well as a result of (rather than in spite of) the recent rains. The stream looks as though it's falling and clearing after the rain, which are classic trout fishing conditions, and exactly when I prefer to fish, especially after the low-flows of summer.

We picked the stream based on the high flow but fairly clear water. It was dropping, but not all streams get muddy from rain, if a stream is forested headwaters to mouth, it seldom gets muddy.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 22:37

From LV
Quote:

geebee wrote:
wow. that is some brookie.

were you fishing the side seams or dragging the bottom ? - i never quite know how to approach high water small streams.

That fish was caught in front of a big woody debris pile, that basically dammed the stream. It formed a pool with a split in the middle. After fishing the right side, I switched to the left, and fishing downstream, something I don't like to do, I was dropping the fly onto the water, with just the leader out of the tip top. All fish caught on a yellow #12 stimulator.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 22:46

From LV
Quote:

evw659 wrote:
NICE brookie. My brother and i were up in the southern part of sproul state forest on saturday the 14th. Water was was surprisingly really low on the stream we fished. there must have had training thunderstorms in the area you fished.

We checked out about 4 streams before deciding on this one, it was pretty good.
The interesting thing is the streams were all over the place as far as flow. First Fork was mud, ditto East Fork, another trib was low and cealr and we didn't think it woud be productive. We checked another trib and it was unfishable because it was high and muddy, that lead us to plan 'e.'
Kudos to RLeeP. TB caught a bunch of fish too, and a couple were about as big.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 22:51

Chaz, that is one beautiful brookie, nice going.

Posted on: 2013/9/18 20:14

From Da 'Berg, PA
thanks Chaz. dapping seems to work quite well on most small streams.

Posted on: 2013/9/19 11:26

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com