Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fishing in Maryland

Which county in PA is Bear Creek in? Looked at the DeLorme and couldn't find it.

Posted on: 2007/1/20 9:04

From Pine Grove
Nce 'Ho 2B! Ball Park?

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/1/20 9:07

From SE PA
Sorry Fella's...just checked the PA atlas and gazetteer map.... Bear Creek is in Maryland.........I had my facts wrong....it is just inside Maryland, not just inside PA as I had stated further.....my memory has failed me.....if you look at page 87 in the PA atlas and gazeetter...then find YOUGHIOGHENY Reservoir or Friendsville...Bear Creek is North of Rt 42....South of Rt. 68.....and crosses under Rt. 219...................somehow I am remembering a Hatchery near the creek.......we went there for class........and one of the hatchery workers had quite a few fox carcasses laying in a wheel barrel...........

Posted on: 2007/1/20 21:30

From SE PA
MBoyer....????

Posted on: 2007/1/20 21:31

Quote:

2bonthewater wrote:
Sorry Fella's...just checked the PA atlas and gazetteer map.... Bear Creek is in Maryland.........I had my facts wrong....it is just inside Maryland, not just inside PA as I had stated further.....my memory has failed me.....if you look at page 87 in the PA atlas and gazeetter...then find YOUGHIOGHENY Reservoir or Friendsville...Bear Creek is North of Rt 42....South of Rt. 68.....and crosses under Rt. 219...................somehow I am remembering a Hatchery near the creek.......we went there for class........and one of the hatchery workers had quite a few fox carcasses laying in a wheel barrel...........

I found Bear Creek, thanks. Those streams sound pretty good. Have to make a trip south of the border sometime. What was the deal with the foxes in a wheelbarrow?

And Matt Boyer, what is the meaning of your cryptic message? I lost my paflyfish decoder ring.

Posted on: 2007/1/20 23:41

From Pine Grove
Sorry, for a second there the spot where he had the Coho in the picture looked like the Ball Park in Pulaski, but in hind sight it might be up in the fly-zones. Hell i might not even be close, but it looked it looked pretty narrow, and there aren't a ton of spots that width on the river. Sorry for the crypticism.

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/1/22 6:43

From SE PA
It was the upper fly zone..........riffles near the wire...........he ran up into the pool and landed him off the point of the main current and slack backwater..............good eyes...........

Posted on: 2007/1/22 10:52

Thanks guys.

My place in on the Yough Reservoir. I've been meaning to start spending more time exploring Garrett County MD for the past couple years, I just never have made it. This year, I'm going to buy teh MD license and check it out.

And Bear Creek is quite close to my place, as close as Meadow Run is, I'd bet.

Does it have any notable hatches?

Posted on: 2007/1/23 13:34

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
68 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com