Fish Photos

dc410

dc410

I have always enjoyed taking photos of many of the different species of fish caught flyfishing over the past few years. Albeit I don't have any good quality photography equipment, all of the photos were taken with my cell phone - so the quality is not real great on some of the photos. I like to crop some of my photos and blow them up a bit to really get a good look at the awesome colors and markings that are present on some of our PA fishes. Here is a gallery of photos with a bit of a more detailed look at some of our common PA cold and warmwater species. A quick photo before the release allows us to go back over time and enjoy them many times over. Hope you enjoy them!

Attachments

• Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Brook.jpg
    Brook.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Rainbow.jpg
    Rainbow.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
  • SMB.jpg
    SMB.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
  • LMB.jpg
    LMB.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Crappie.jpg
    Crappie.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Rock Bass.jpg
    Rock Bass.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1
  • Bluegill.jpg
    Bluegill.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Redbreast.jpg
    Redbreast.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Pumpkinseed.jpg
    Pumpkinseed.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1
  • Carp.jpg
    Carp.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Roseyside Dace.jpg
    Roseyside Dace.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Nice
Inspires me to make more of an effort to take interesting pics

Nice angle on some cool looking fish John.

I enjoyed that!

Cool pics! I carry a camera whenever I'm on the stream but so often forget use it.

Fish are beautiful. Although phone pics, these look good enough (in my opinion) to be suitable for publication in any high end outdoor magazine. Very nice.

And I like that you used some WW fish as well - trout get all the glory for looks but there are some striking WW fishes as well. :)

Fishidiot wrote:
Fish are beautiful.

And I like that you used some WW fish as well - trout get all the glory for looks but there are some striking WW fishes as well. :)

I couldn't agree more with you, FI. I think that is one of the things that I enjoy most about WW flyfishing. The chance to ponder on the pure beauty of some of the many species of wild fish that can be caught during the WW season is just stunning. I never was able to get a real clear photo of a Green Sunfish yet. I have several photos of them but the quality is just not there. I really want to get one to capture those beautiful orange fins along the belly that the Greenies get. Already looking forward to next summer!

Great pics and selection of fish......

I always take pics of scenery and the fish, but never macro shots. This is a good reminder that taking close-ups offers a different perspective versus zoomed out shots.

Nice work!

I never realized the Roseyside dace was so colorful. I think I may have caught a handful in my life. Nothing that nice though.

Some of the prettiest fish are panfish, IMHO. Here is an example from my own cell phone photo archive:

That pumpinkseed is a beauty.

I've found that most camera phones take really nice macro shots of flowers , bushes, leaves etc. too.

Thanks for sharing.

Panfish easily rival trout in their coloring... He's one that tried to eat a 2/0 Gurgler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1
agree on the sunfish.... if you put a colored-up redbreast or pumpkinseed in a magazine and said it was a rare beauty from the tropics of south america, ppl would believe it.

Glad you all enjoyed the photos. Tulenkot and Odizz those are some really pretty 'gills. They are all so unique in their coloring and markings. Our creator is quite an artist!

mikesl wrote:
agree on the sunfish.... if you put a colored-up redbreast or pumpkinseed in a magazine and said it was a rare beauty from the tropics of south america, ppl would believe it.

so true...back when I had extra room, I used to have a 125-gallon aquarium stocked with nothing but pumpkinseeds, bluegills and green sunfish, They look absolutely stunning under fluorescent lighting, and visitors refused to believe that all the fish in that tank came from a pond down the road.

Back