Fish of the Day for DaveS

albatross

albatross

CSoult assists DaveS in landing a big brown. Video courtesy of LittleJuniata. Whooping, hollering, and teasing about small net courtesy of Albatross. Photos courtesy of CSoult.

A good time was had by all.

Attachments

• DaveS2.jpg
    DaveS2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DaveS3.jpg
    DaveS3.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2
Holy Macro!

Great vids.

In the past, the LJ was a place for numbers (of fish) but not really a place for big fish. I've noticed the average size of fish caught has really increased.

I think the ATCR (vs. TT) regs have really improved the quality of the fish. Maybe also the end of fingerling stocking? Don't really know.

And anyone that says the macro pop is down, hasn't fished the J at all.

Great stuff!

Wow nice fish, lovely colours.

That's an unusual way of measuring a fish in the 2nd photo, or is Dave a server in his work life ?

Back in the day as the river was recovering it was known to produce big fish, then PFBC began stocking and the size went down because of the attention it got.

I just got back from the LJ. Over the last few years the average size fish is definitely increasing. Hendricksons are coming back and the river is just getting healthier. What an awesome river!

Easily 31 inches! Nice fish Dave!

That is one beautifully colored and well conditioned fish that appears to have fully recovered from last fall's spawn.

I can remember back to the early days after the Little J had its initial comeback, and there were some whopping big trout in it, and not so many fishermen. I don't get to fish it so much these days, as most of my fishing time is in the west, but I'm glad to see and hear good stories about this wonderful river.

John

Quite the fish! Great video and nice net handling. GG

Stocked

Nice capture of motion on that 2nd photo

Love the "flipper" shot! They always seem to know the right time to flop out of the shot

I missed this post earlier.

You can see in the 3rd pic what Dave was saying.

That fish just did not want to cooperate. All Dave does is catch big fish!

That net is so tiney :lol:

Very good man, way to go. Congrats, real nice lookin fish.

Back