Favorite wild stream?

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

What county is your favorite wild trout stream in? Mine's in Potter county, then Clinton.

Potter for sure.

U sed to have a bunch of favorite trout streams, but some have fallen on hard times. There are a couple in Carbon County, a few in Lackawanna, a couple in Luzerne, Several in Potter and Tioga, the list is fairly long. I evenused to to post the names in the old days when not so many people used the internet to stalk streams, but I don't mention them any more unless they are well know places.
Having made it a policy to not fish streams more than a couple of times a year, it's touch to say any stream is my favorite. I really believe one angler shouldn't fish any wild trout stream more than once a year or every couple of years except the few that can handle some preasure. Places like Slate, Cedar, and Kettle.

my list of counties that ive fished in is pretty limited, but my favorite is blair county, then centre.

Hate to say it, but Monroe for sure.

Huntingdon

Cumberland...hell, I'll even name the stream: Letort Spring Run.

Definitly Potter county

Philly.................bigger joke!!!!!!

My favorite local is in Lawrence. My favorite that I love for sheer numbers and size is a brookie stream in Center.

Sullivan County

sullivan followed by cameron

I haven't fished more than three wild trout streams in any one county other than my home county, so Chester is my favorite! Something about pulling native brookies out of five-foot wide streams while being stabbed by half-inch long thorns keeps me coming back, lol.

Maybe not one county but the area where cameron, clinton, clearfield, and center meet. It is an area smaller than a typical county but has some of the best brookie fishing.

If you gonna make me choose a one county though, it would have to be Centre.

Potter. Come to the Quill Gordon summit, and you'll know why.

Meh. Doesn't hold a candle to Sullivan Co... you guys are truly missing out on the best flyfishing PA has to offer... in some of the most breathtaking scenery of the Loyalsock drainage. It's just hard fishing sometimes... you won't pull the crowds for hard fishing sometimes. (Which is my case, is why I love to fish it... no one is usually around). Plus, the terrain is so rugged that most "rank and file" meat chasers won't pay it the time of day cuz it ain't easy to get to.

I love Sullivan, I just haven't fished it much. Don't know where to go. I fished the Loyalsock but that felt like a big waste of time. Should I instead go up the tribs?

Back