Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Famous Fly Fisherman

In college I could never fit Humphreys class into my schedule but my friend, a city boy from Philly, did. He agreed to take me to the spot where the class had their outing cause JH caught fish there, so we went.
While I'm fishing my buddy grabs my arm and points and says "It's him! Joe Humphreys!" fishing just upstream.
I caught a couple trout and after a few minutes Hump comes over and says "Yea, watcha gettin 'em on?" It was a little muskrat nymph.
when we got back to the dorms my buddy told the other guys I outfished Joe Humpreys that day.
What a riot!

Posted on: 2012/5/9 13:07

From Ephrata, PA
Well, I guess meeting Les Trout is like meeting tons of celebs! Love it. he gave me pipe tobaccy too!

Posted on: 2012/5/9 13:32

From Pgh
Since we're name dropping:

Fished with Humphreys many times. Took his class at PSU.

Ran into Charlie Fox while fishing the Letort in the early 80's, virtually in his backyard.

Met Charlie Meck at South Hills Rod and Reel in Pittsurgh (no longer in business)

Had my license checked by Jack Lambert many years ago while on Buffalo Creek in Butler county (I think he was a WCO at the time.)

And fished next to a young lady who was sunbathing, topless, along Neshannock Creek. Though she wasn't famous, it is still a very noteworthy streamside encounter.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 15:49

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I would take the topless chick over anybody mentioned here. All I got was a 80yr old old guy skinny dipping on the Po.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 19:06

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Philadelphia
Les,
Very cool!

Actually, Galloup's flyshop seemed like an ongoing party.
Coughlin

Posted on: 2012/5/11 16:12

From SE Pa.
I forgot about LesTrout sorry Les
Fished near him quite a few times, great guy and one hell of a fisherman !!!!!

Posted on: 2012/5/11 20:07

From South Hills Pgh.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/15824 ... -fishing-for-a-spell.html I came across this article today...I knew I should have tried to court her while she was in Pittsburgh last year!

Posted on: 2012/6/6 18:37

From Couldn't Care Less
There is (was) a show on the outdoor channel called Fly Fishing the World

Fly Fishing the World

Quote:
ABOUT THE SHOW
Fly Fishing The World

Fly Fishing the World is a weekly program featuring a celebrity guest who, with the show's creator and host, John Barrett, fly-fishes and enjoys some of the most beautiful and unique waters this world has to offer. Our many celebrity guests have included Liam Neeson, Michael Keaton, Kevin Costner, Dick Vermeil, Tom Skerritt, Robert Duvall and Wilfred Brimley. From remote Arctic regions of Russia and Iceland to the southern reaches of New Zealand, from the British Isles to the Bahamas, Fly Fishing the World has traveled the planet in search of unforgettable waters and angling experiences. In addition to great fly-fishing, each program is a portal for our viewers, giving them a glimpse into the people, wildlife, culture and character of each land we visit.

Posted on: 2012/6/19 21:38

From Doylestown
That was good Stagger. Figures that Liam Neeson would be a fly fisher. Thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2012/6/21 18:46

From florida
John Barrett production. Member of the Spring Ridge club.

Posted on: 2012/6/21 19:01

From Doylestown
Here's a blog entry with some notes and a video about Liam Neeson fly fishing.

Famous Anglers: Liam Neeson

Posted on: 2012/6/21 20:55

From Couldn't Care Less
“I can forget everything. I go out there and my life – it sort of – time stands still. It really does, you know?” - Eric Clapton on Fly Fishing

"We go skiing, we fly fish and we play golf. I love the mountains, I love the ocean. I’ll go anywhere that has water ..... I love fly fishing in Alaska. There’s a place called Kulik Lodge. It’s literally in the wild, with bears and salmon. I took my kids fishing for trout there." - Jane Seymour

Q&A with The Fonz @ Trout Unlimited - He was also on the show I list above for an episode

Jimmy Buffet love to fish salt water on the fly as well

Posted on: 2012/6/22 7:25

From Couldn't Care Less

Video of Michael Keaton, Tom Brokaw (douche), Patagonia owner fishing the flats with Lefty

Posted on: 2012/6/22 7:37

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
We all tried helplessly to run into April Vokey at the Steelhead JAM last year to no avail........

Posted on: 2012/6/22 14:20

Use code "paff" for 15% off.

When living in MT, I was fishing the upper Ruby River and was back at my truck eating lunch. I saw this guy riding a bicycle coming towards me. As he approached, he stopped to talk. We spoke for about 15 minutes, and he granted me access to his property to fish. It was Ted Turner and he was very cordial.

Posted on: 2012/6/24 0:14

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com