exclusive flyfisxhing club

C

cdogedoger

clicked on this icon on the top of the page and an ad for the spring ridge came up.

When I saw that ad I thougth that is was pretty funny or should I say strange, considering the additudes of most on the board.

Dan

Maybe it goes without saying, but I don't think the Board host has any control over the advertisers that appear. He probably has a service, I think someone called them "Google Ads," and the advertisers pay Google to be rotated on pertinent web sites. If you watch closely, you may even find an ad for bulk earthworms.

cdogedoger wrote:
clicked on this icon on the top of the page and an ad for the spring ridge came up.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...what "icon"?

tom, I cannot see the ads from work, but can at home. If you have really good ad-blocking software (like they do here at work), you probably can't see them either.

So my software is protecting me from Donny B...I should send them a thank you card. :-D

As they say, keep your friends close...and your enemies closer. The irony of this is no that it is a random thing but appears to be pegged as the first or "left" ad of a side by side combo.

I have only clicked it once back when Ryan or somebody mentioned it. Now I know it is there but try not to look at it...Kind of like cleavage. :lol:

Maurice wrote:
The irony of this is not that it is a random thing but appears to be pegged as the first or "left" ad of a side by side combo.

That’s because Google adds are on the left side. If you go to Google.com and search PA trout fishing, it’ll pop up there as well - one of the sponsored links. It’s a small www after all.

If you click on the link for SRC on the right side of the page on google, it is a sponsored link, which means SRC pays $ everytime you click it.

SRC pays $ everytime you click it.

click, click, click, click,click, click, click,click
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you're saying that if I click on the link above it costs them money?
I wonder how many millions of clicks I'll have to make before they notice?

I clicked on the link another 10 times this morning. Think I'll do at least that each day.

10 more clicks this morning. Somebody let me know if I'm wasting my time.

ooooops I see the ads changed!

Rtom45 wrote:
ooooops I see the ads changed!

Rtom,

Thats a perfect example of democracy. You voted him off the site.
Well done!

The link shows up from time to time. I make a point of clicking on it at least 10 times every time I'm at this site. Is it accurate that it costs them each time you click on it?

I just ran accross this site:
http://loganoutfitters.com/
Sounds like DB's

From that site:

Logan Outfitters (formerly Sporting Club Exchange) has relationships with landowners and private fishing clubs across Pennsylvania, including an affiliate relationship with Spring Ridge Club. Through these relationships, we are able to offer anglers private access to streams that are carefully managed and preserved to produce the best possible fishing.

Back