DFTU Diversion Well Project

Padraic

Padraic

Here's a neat link to an article and web-movie about my favorite DFTU conservation project.

http://paenvirodigestvideo.blogspot.com/2006/11/rausch-creek-diversion-well-project.html

I'm just hoping that we get enough folks to volunteer through the winter to keep it going until I can get back out there. :-D

Maurice wrote:
Pad, bum link

Maurice

I'm not sure what to do, because the link works for me. :-? :-?

The link worked for me, but I can't comment on the video yet because this computer is obsolete and videos play in jumps and starts. I'll need to check it out on the kids computer later.

Works here just fine. Video and all.

Reminds me, I shot some video for the Forbes trail TU that I need to get edited for their site.

Pad,
I'll be glad to help over the winter, I'll be in touch with Bob Pennell and find out when it is.
Chaz

Pad,

DO they do this every Sunday through the winter?

Emily is working on a science project measuring pH and she came across references to the DFTU diversion wells. I told he I could take her up sometime and show her the wells. We might try to catch up with the crew over the next couple of weeks.

The video is pretty cool.

Tim

Yes, every Sunday, from what I have heard. And I can get you the email of the guy who was logging the pH every week for the last several years as well. I believe that the week's rainfall is included, so you could make some suppositions regarding flow and the acidity. However the mine in the headwaters might complicate that.

Back