Congratulations Dave Kile!

F

Fishidiot

I'm proud to announce that Cumberland Valley Trout Unlimited has selected Dave Kile for the 2014 Charles Fox Rising Trout Award. This is an award given at our annual banquet to a person in the fly fishing community that has advanced the sport of FFing, esp in PA. This is a prestigious award that was established in the early 1990s - Charlie Fox was the first recipient. Traditionally this award has gone to published authors in conventional print media - Landis, Kreh, Schweibert, Becks, Harvey, Clouser, Meck, etc - who have written popular books or articles.
CVTU felt that, with the growth of internet blogging/writing and the affinity younger anglers have for online participation in the sport... that for a new change we should consider a blogger or someone from new media. Who could be better than Dave Kile? :)
If you'd like to learn more about this award, feel free to hit the CVTU website and click on "CVTU Awards."

Charlie Fox Rising Trout Award

Dave will receive the award at CVTU's annual fundraising banquet, The Limestoner, next month. If you're interested in attending or supporting the Limestoner (raffle donations are still welcome), check the CVTU website at the same link above for more info, or shoot me a PM.
So, congrats and thanks to Dave for establishing this online community and making Paflyfish our favorite place out of the water!
DW

Very nice Congrats

As president of CVTU it is an honer for our chapter to be presenting Dave with this award. I have been following Paflyfish for many years and find this site to be one of the best forums for fly fishing information anywhere. The banquet is March 14, 2014 at the Park Inn Mechanicburg Pa if interested in attending. As fishidiot stated above more information can be found on our webpage.
Justin

Congratulations Dave!

You've had a tremendously positive effect on so many people's lives by creating and maintaining this forum.

Very good, congratulations Dave. Well deserved.

Wonderful! Well deserved... and what a great ambassador for the sport.
congrats Dave!

Congratulations Dave! Books are wonderful, but I couldn't have learned half of what I have in the short time I've been fly fishing without this site, and the people that so kindly share their knowledge. This is really a great resource.

Congrats Dave!

Congrats Dave. Very well deserved and couldn't go to a nicer person.

Congratulations Dave,well deserved.GG

Congrats, Dave

Well deserved recognition.

Wow, that's awesome!!!

I owe an awful lot to this site and completely agree that the internet is a great way to get young people (like me) interested in the sport.

Ot but Coincidentally I just noticed it's been exactly one year that I've been on the site under my current name. Hoping to stick around a while longer!

Congrats Dave!

Fantastic news - very well deserved Dave, your site helped me catch my first wild PA brownie after moving here from Boston.

Love love this site.

Congrats .

Dave,
Congratulations. I, too, think your honor is well deserved.

Congrats Dave. This is well deserved. I have met some great people here and a few have become incredible mentors and life long friends. I am forever grateful. Keep up the great job.

Congratulations Dave. Nicely Done!

Back