troutslammer wrote:
hey why act dumb when u can prove it !

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A!

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:18

Re: Competitive Fly-fishing

From SEPA
Quote:

wetnet wrote:
Oh, I forgot..Blue eyed beauties. Oh, Daddy of the gorgeous girl, why is she such a success??? Gfen? I believe that was your post. I did add some things for flavor.

I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate, here. I think its you referring to the time I watched Heather Seitz give a presentation...

Without slagging her, I went to see Joe Humphries. I quite enjoyed her presentation on guiding anf fishing the Kola, IIRC, however. She was a nice presenter, knew her thing, and yes, was quite a cutie (although I'm insulted by your connotation of my interest in her in being a sweet young lass, as I am a fat old man without my head in the clouds).

However, whats amusing is you never quite understood the question I asked her father. Its OK, you weren't there and are just making things up as you go along, as evidenced by your snarky little asides up there.

No, I will tell you exactly what I asked her father. "How did you manage to get your children to really take to and embrace fly fishing? I don't mean the competition thing, but the fact that she enjoys the outdoors."

You read it right, hotstuff, at no point did I ever remotely insinuate anything about competition because I never cared. I found it remarkable that the man's daughters both took to fishing to the extent that they did, and further more the fact that she's parlayed it into a decent career and a long term educational and employment scenario, working IIRC in fisheries science.

Perhaps your interpertation up there is supposed to be blithely dismissed with "add some things for flavour," but if that's the reason you've so outlandishly, and stupidly, expressed your belief, then I suggest you be wary of the posts were I begin to put quotes to you.

Why is it that people who are steadfastly against those of us who find competition silly are so hellbent on making it appear that we're just hypocrits and actually despertly want to be a part of your silly little games?

Honestly, are you people trying to compensate for something? Oddly, the one guy here with a vested interest in selling the product is the one who generally has had the most even keel responses (SeanC).

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:32

Holy s**t! This thread is still active!?

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:36

muskrat it is still kicking and we found out through the gear board that gfen is in fact a hipocrit. He think competition fly fishing is sill but enjoys all the new techniques and gear that they use. Ok i must admit i have been home the last few days and this has been really amuzing me

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:39

From SEPA
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:41

my brother deceased,Wet Net.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:46

thanks for the fun gfen now go wipe the mud off your face you look silly before everybody see ya ...lol

Posted on: 2011/2/2 20:03

From SEPA
Quote:

troutslammer wrote:
thanks for the fun gfen now go wipe the mud off your face you look silly before everybody see ya ...lol

Posted on: 2011/2/2 20:49

Sorry I would quote you but it's really long. I was just checking to see if you fancied Joe. He was a Top Team USA competitor and he supports the program and he has gorgeous blue eyes.

But my comment was inappropriate. I said we should be polite and I was not. Not even close. I'll make a better effort.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 21:39

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

muskratnymph1 wrote:
Holy s**t! This thread is still active!?

My thought exactly!

Posted on: 2011/2/2 21:54

From SEPA
Quote:

wetnet wrote:
Sorry I would quote you but it's really long. I was just checking to see if you fancied Joe. He was a Top Team USA competitor and he supports the program and he has gorgeous blue eyes.

But my comment was inappropriate. I said we should be polite and I was not. Not even close. I'll make a better effort.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 22:13

From lancaster county
I'm not sure how I feel about competitive fly-fishing in general. I'm on the fence in many areas.

One area I am not on the fence is with tournaments for a cause. A good example is the Fly on the Run Tournament.

http://www.lcctc.org/lcctc/lib/lcctc/docs/fly.pdf

Quote:
this event supports the needs of the students and programs of the lancaster County Career & technology Center and helps create the next generation of “Gold Collar” workers. all funds raised through the tournament will support our scholarship fund and other student assistance programs to provide lancaster County businesses with highly qualified employees.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 1:31

From Monessen, PA
I have changed my mind. Friendly competition does not damage the sport when done correctly. I still feel the same about any interest in following or participating or in focusing on bigger and more during the movement of fly fishing. The Zen is man vs. nature and when that balance is upset by fishing with others, I'd rather fish alone.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 6:08

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I have changed my mind. Friendly competition does not damage the sport when done correctly. I still feel the same about any interest in following or participating or in focusing on bigger and more during the movement of fly fishing. The Zen is man vs. nature and when that balance is upset by fishing with others, I'd rather fish alone.

Exactly! A good thing, in excess, does unfourtunately become a bad thing.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 9:24

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com