Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Commission hopes for multiyear fishing licenses

From Philadelphia PA
A-fish: Are you sure it doesn't equate to mis-management of funds?
There seams to be a lot of that going around and in areas where we least expect it.

Posted on: 2013/9/23 10:19
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Clearwater II. Stay Fishing MF

From Chester County
We often debate that the commish spends too much on this and not enough on that, but unlike our taxes that go into that black hole we call the general fund, every dollar collected by the Commish is spent on something to benefit anglers and angling.

Whether it's your opinion that the Commish is spending their dollars wisely or not ( I think the dollars are well spent for the most part) the numbers themselves are are out there to see, like reading a prospectus for a stock you own or are looking to buy.

Current revenues (license sales) and projected revenues are down and costs and expenses are up. If the FBC were a stock.......I'd sell! (or not buy).

Again, IMO, not a good idea to starve the golden goose, or in this case, the golden rainbow......

Posted on: 2013/9/23 10:55

From Monessen, PA
I feel it is always good to be vigillant with respect to government agencies and functions, but also feel that it is way too easy and even more tempting to arm-chair quarterback them.

The PFBC does a pretty good job, in my opinion, managing the resource for ALL citizens. Maybe they don't favor your interests to your satisfaction, but they have a lot of other constituents to try to please, and those others don't think like you overwhelmingly.

Posted on: 2013/9/23 11:13

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Unfortunately Ray, once you move from the commonwealth your resident multiyear license becomes null and void and you are obligated to purchase a nonresident license. The commission just added some regulations regarding this a few months ago.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 10:04

Bought the 3 year.

Didn't want the 5 year because I could die or move before the 5 years was up.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 11:25

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
152 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com