Catch of the day

D

denovich

I saw a faint glow move in the murky water, and I set the hook. For a very brief moment I thought I had hooked into the monster yellow carp I saw there last year. It wasn't that monster, but one of the prettiest fish I've ever caught. The sun was coming out just after the rain passed through and in that light this fish positively glowed. It saved me from being skunked on the last cast of the day.

I can barely contain my smirk.

Attachments

• goldfish.jpg
    goldfish.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 11
That's a pretty cool catch. Definitely unique.

Is that a gold fish?

Looks like one, I don't understand why people dump fish everywhere.

That was my first thought.

Yes that's a goldfish and no they don't last long in the wild, for visibly obvious reasons.

I think it depends....

There is a resident goldfish under the bridge where the kids and I fish for sunnies. Doing just fine for 2-3 years now. Once saw his former owner (girl who went off to college) come by and say hi.

I am not worried about "accidentally" catching him - hard to get anything past the gazillion sunfish in that pool.

Goldfish can do quite well in water where there are no predators big enough to eat them. This guy obviously grew quite a bit from his days in the aquarium. He's even big for a backyard pond goldfish. But you would think they'd be sitting ducks for bass, pickerel, catfish, etc.

Back