Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Casting Lessons

From Lancaster, PA
Anybody know of good place or good person to get some casting lessons? I live in Lancaster & work in Hershey/Middletown.

I've been fly fishing for about 7 years or so, but primarily self taught like many of us I'm sure. I'm going to be taking a trip to Andros Islands for Bonefish in May 2014 & I have a feeling my casting stroke will fall apart in the winds. I think I could get it done, but would be a fight no doubt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if there is anybody around that you know for Switch Rod as well.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/6/15 10:31

Re: Casting Lessons

From NE OH
Quote:

elonDO wrote:
Anybody know of good place or good person to get some casting lessons? I live in Lancaster & work in Hershey/Middletown.

I've been fly fishing for about 7 years or so, but primarily self taught like many of us I'm sure. I'm going to be taking a trip to Andros Islands for Bonefish in May 2014 & I have a feeling my casting stroke will fall apart in the winds. I think I could get it done, but would be a fight no doubt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if there is anybody around that you know for Switch Rod as well.

Thanks!

While I don't know anyone specifically in the area Doc, you are making a very wise choice. Most of us that taught ourselves to cast, taught our selves some really bad habits. You will find a good instructor that will bring the physics of the rod to a practical level for you and it will completely transform your casting. When you get to Andros, you will need to be able to make long accurate casts, and yes, wind will play a role. Learning to double haul to quickly shoot out a lot of line will help you tremendously. Your guide will be happy to help you finish off what you need to know when you get there. I wish more guys would take the step you are taking. It will take years off of your learning curve and you will get to spend more time doing the fishing you love as opposed to wrestling with casting.

Maybe Tim Robingson or Geo would have some suggestions as they both live over there? Tim might even be your guy as he was planning on completing training as casting instructor. Just can't remember when that was or is going to be.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 12:37

I don't know if Bob Clouser could/would help. I'd at least give him a call. He's in Middletown.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 21:29

From Southeastern Pa
PM sent. instructor course complete. Glad to help where I can.

Posted on: 2013/6/16 0:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com