Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: brookie streams that no one fishes

From LV
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Fishing "behind someone" can be detrimental if they are sloppy with wading and casting and less than an hour has passed. I have never been convinced that any harm lasts much longer. I know a lot of people with more experience have anecdotal proof to the contrary, but I remain skeptical based upon my own paltry experience.

Jack, a month ago I would have disagreed with you but not anymore. k-bob and I fished a little brookie stream and actually came upon a pool of freely rising fish to something we couldn't see. We cast into the pool and both caught fish but in the process spooked fish in the tail of the pool to the head and the fish turned off. We both walked through the pool to get to the next spot and then fished upstream. About an hour later, we hiked back a path instead of close to the stream but the path crossed at the tail of the pool I mentioned above. Not only were the fish back in the tail but I was able to get a nicer sized brookie up at the head of the pool on the first cast. Now if it were wild browns, I'm not sure we would have seen fish let alone caught them in that pool.

george, it's very important to make sure you approach a pool from below and fish the tail before moving up to far. this means you have to fish it from a distance of maybe the middle of the run below or the pool below. Brookies and browns love the tails of pools, this is especially true during the spawn.

Posted on: 2013/5/15 17:36

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
george, it's very important to make sure you approach a pool from below and fish the tail before moving up to far. this means you have to fish it from a distance of maybe the middle of the run below or the pool below. Brookies and browns love the tails of pools, this is especially true during the spawn.

Chaz, my brain knows this very well, but sometimes getting my brain to have a conversation with my casting arm, seems like a lost cause!

Posted on: 2013/5/15 18:10

From Luzerne County, PA
Or you can just allow the state to dump rocks and create a riparian bank, no brush, wheres all the insects?

Posted on: 2013/5/16 16:03

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
162 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com