Big Meadows Fly Shop

That's a good reason to keep an old style phone around.

Actually he has one but both power & phone line is down. The storm took down quite a bit from Ansonia to Mansfield. Wellsboro had a trailer flip! The family went out for ice cream & came home & it flipped! We're under severe thunderstorm warnings with posssible rotation right now here in Galeton. The coal festival over in Blossburg was wiped out last night also.

That's funny, I just thought I'd look on PAFF before I call Bob to see if it was worth driving up to fish. Maybe I should drive up and check to see iF everything is OK?!

I called him yesterday, It was after 6PM and talked to him for a good while, He said his dinner was almost done, so I guess He got to eat before it went out. I let him know that I got the rafia he sent me.

BradFromPotter wrote:
Actually he has one but both power & phone line is down. The storm took down quite a bit from Ansonia to Mansfield. Wellsboro had a trailer flip! The family went out for ice cream & came home & it flipped! We're under severe thunderstorm warnings with posssible rotation right now here in Galeton. The coal festival over in Blossburg was wiped out last night also.

Can't say I've ever heard of a coal festival!

salmonoid wrote:
BradFromPotter wrote:

Can't say I've ever heard of a coal festival!

http://www.blossburgcoalfestival.org/

http://www.tiogapublishing.com/articles/2011/05/27/news/doc4ddfb4bc31482219121741.txt

Phone service next day and elec. by Sunday night. Have an old style phone too. now I am working on water storage and maybe a home made generator.

I inspected 13 claims in Harrisburg, Daulpin, Camp Hill yesterday and 12 did not have power. I mean there are still large transformers laying on the ground.

Back