big brown

Biggie

Biggie

since I didn't catch this one in Pa, thought I would post a pic of the NY brownie I caught last week . I was fishing the Oak near Albion. He weighed 14.22 lbs and I did release him to bite another day. He took a size 8 black stonefly and I was using my new spey rod (first trout with the spey). Now if I can get the pic up.

Attachments

• oak orchard 053.JPG
    oak orchard 053.JPG
    995.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow. What an incredible fish. I wonder if we'll ever see 'em like that in the Erie tribs?

Oh man, that is one heck of a trout. It looks so much bigger in the photo than it does in the thumbnail of it.

Man oh man thats a nice fish

Fishidiot wrote:
Wow. What an incredible fish. I wonder if we'll ever see 'em like that in the Erie tribs?

I believe they started a program for lake run browns during the spring of this year. It wont be in full swing (no pun intended) for about a decade though.

WOW WHAT A BRUTE!

:-o you sure thats not a shark? :)

Very nice brown!

Sweet! that is one heck of a fish, dude!

Boyer

I believe they started a program for lake run browns during the spring of this year. It wont be in full swing (no pun intended) for about a decade though.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression they started stocking them a few years back. I have caught a few nice sized browns earlier this month on the east side tribs. Nothing even close to that fish, but in the 15-20" range. I'd predict 3-5 years and we'll have browns side by side with the steel.

Who does'nt like a big brown?

half again bigger than any I caught in forty years of scouring rivers and streams for moby trout.Way to go and I am not the least bit envious -jealous as hell,though.:):):)

I sure hope that after you release him, he didn't circle around and take your leg off.

Thats awesome fish way to go!

Awesome fish! Great job.

Reminds me of JayL's....

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9835&forum=8

Nice fish.

It does look a lot like mine, so I'll go ahead and use your weight estimates for the one I caught.

I foul hooked one this weekend in some shallow pocket water, and had to pop it off. It was bigger than the last one I caught.

The first major fingerling/smolt stocking was just this september. Dont know why one would think it would take 10 yrs being its a stocked resource.
Why wouldnt it take the normal 3 to maybe 4 yrs to get the true brutes?

jayL wrote:
Nice fish.

It does look a lot like mine, so I'll go ahead and use your weight estimates for the one I caught.

I foul hooked one this weekend in some shallow pocket water, and had to pop it off. It was bigger than the last one I caught.

You didnt happen to be centerpinning did you? :cool:

Nah, I snagged him with the fly stick.

Picking up to roll cast can rip em pretty good now and then.

Boy you just guta love the hook.

Back