Best western pennsylvania brookie stream

D

deaddriftx

Just curious what everyones favorite western pa brook trout streams are. I have always liked minister creek in warren/forest counties and the many little streams near fisher pa in clarion county.

I only know southwestern PA streams, but my very favorite is WhatdoyouthinkImaschmuck Creek. PM for GPS cooordinates. :cool:

Three bridge run in warren county

Never fished three bridge run but i have always wanted to. I have fished the west branch before and would like to return some day.

Dunbar

i love the allegheny front streams in cambria, blair, and centre counties. you go from 1000 feet in elavation at the mouth of the streams up to 2600 at the headwaters. theyre is little development due to the super steep valleys and a lot of the streams lie on state game lands.

I would like to try cambria and blair county. It seems to be a pretty unique area.

I also enjoy Minister Creek. Really nice area, just a lot of people around.

I know what you mean i always fish minister during the week or days of bad weather.

Minister is okay. It does get busy though. There are a number of them in the area. Most of which are tribs to larger well known streams. Oil Creek has a couple that support wild pops of trout. The same with pine which is a trib to oil creek. As far as favs, I just can't say as it is a fav because I don't see others there when I go to fish and like it that way. The creek is only 12 foot wide and it holds some trout in the 20 inch range. The wild ones generally are are 12-16 inch range.....hummmmm tomorrow I am going to go as the weather is going to be somewhat bearable. :) Will report on it tomorrow evening.

Well, Jack, whom do you sound like? Maybe I've made a convert?

Good luck to ya brookiesrfun. Fishing reports are always cool. Heading out in the morning myself.

If ya see a little red toyota pickup 2 door that is me.

There are some nice streams in jefferson county that most overlook.

@ Jack,

There some good trout in that stream, I once caught a 48" rainbow under the covered bridge there!!

@ Chaz,

SHHHHHHH!! There ain't no trout in there!! Just creek chubs!

JH

rrt wrote:
Well, Jack, whom do you sound like? Maybe I've made a convert?

Not a convert. I still believe that those who wish to share are free to do so. I never demonized those who prefer not to share. I always, always demonized those who want to bully others into not sharing when it is clear that the person sharing desire to do so.

Anyhow, my "comment" was tongue-in-cheek. Try that approach once in a while. It makes us sound a little less like old grumpy men.

i would post my favorite but that would obviously not make it a favorite anymore if i posted it here for 5,000 slobs to see ! ;-)

Back