Best of Both Worlds

streamerguy

streamerguy

Had to go visit family today, and the original plan was to hit a pretty decent stocked stream nearby, but since we got a ton of rain that was out of the question. Plan B was to fish a small creek for wild browns which usually fishes pretty good after a good rain. The stream was high and colored so I knew it would be a good day tossing some buggers. One of the first holes we(fished w/ my brother) fished I hooked into a monster. He stayed on the bottom most of the time but did show himself once, a nice brown around 15inches. After a short battle he came off. Fished about a half a mile below that and ended up getting 3, one around 8 and the others were dinks. We were running low on time so we decided to call it a day and walk back up to the truck, but decided to make that "one more cast" into a fishy lookin hole on our way up and hooked into another monster! Unlike the last one I got this one into the net. What a great way to end the trip!

P6020911.jpg

P6020915.jpg

P6020928.jpg

P6020932.jpg

After lunch and visiting relatives I stopped at my favorite tailwater. It was muddied up pretty good, but I still caught a bunch of strong smallmouths and a few crappie. Battled some heavy rains but it was all worth it, I love fly fishing for smallmouth bass.

P6020939.jpg

Weird mouth
P6020941.jpg

P6020942.jpg

Was thinking of just fishing for trout or bass, but why not both? Had a great time.

Back