Been Fishing Lately, Improvement

gaeronf

gaeronf

Hey all. Many of you know me whether its through the various shows or through my blog, or have just seen my post on PAFF. Those of you who have known me a little longer, know that I have started actually fly fishing not that long ago. I have tied flies longer than I have fished and it hasn't been until the past year or two that I have actually been fishing.

Those who know me know that at the beginning I was bad. And I mean real bad. I had no idea what I was doing, and even when I thought I did, I didn't (I still don't). Everyone always had encouraging words, always telling me to keep it up and keep at it. I would always nod and say okay, but I always felt a little hopeless and very frustrated. Maybe its my lack of experience on this planet but I guess sometimes we as people have a hard time imagining how much we can improve and imagining (accurately) what we can become in the future.

So here is to the newbies (I am still one). Stick to it! You will get better and you will improve. The other day I had my parents drop me off at a stream. Not another angler in sight. I had to figure everything out on my own. I did pretty well. In the couple hours I was there (after school on a school night as well) I caught about 2 dozen fish, all wild. I lost an incredible amount as well. There were a lot of smaller fish (dinks). A couple medium sized fish and a pretty nice sized wild brown for the little stream. I had a great time and it made me realize that I've come a really long way.

P1170961.JPG

P1170962.JPG

P1170963.JPG

P1170964.JPG

P1170967.JPG

P1170970.JPG

P1170972.JPG

P1170974.JPG

P1170975.JPG

P1170979.JPG

This is good to hear "G" man. Confidence is a big part of this sport. It's good to hear from ya glad things are going well. Hey, how's that job working out for you? Nice pics, sounds like you had a great evenings fishing.

The job is great! Haven't been working a lot, only when I can. Usually on Saturdays however that will change during the summer and when I get my license. I haven't had much time for anything lately because of school. More work than you could even imagine! It's crazy.

Good job; especially taking time to get some nice pics. Sounds like you are well on your way.

Nice job Gaeron. Looks like you had a great day. Tying flies is only so much fun without catching fish on them.

Man those are some nice stockies. They must be holdovers. :)

Very nice...I didn't see any dinks in that lot! All very nice small stream wild Brownies. That last one is very impressive.

Yea that last one is really nice. Good stuff gaeronf

Beautiful fish, they all appear to be skinny, especially the big one. Most of the wild browns I catch especially larger ones are very fat. Interesting and good job.

Back