Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Backwoods Anglers - Fishing the WB Delaware

No matter which species of fish, anglers should use all reasonable precautions to minimize damage to the fish if the fish is intended to be released.

As for the little Lehigh, that is a 50 foot wide and 500 yard long section that holds captive fish that gets pounded daily. Probably every one of those fish that have been in there more than a month have been hooked at least a dozen times before they smarten up so yes, they are going to get beaten up simply from wear and tear. Not saying someone doesn't mishandle them but those trout are mostly beat up from multiple hookings.

The Delaware on the other hand is a huge water system and those fish move around a lot and it is very unlikely that a trout in the d is caught more than a few times in its lifetime. So to relate wear and tear damage to trout at the little Lehigh due to the nature of the fishery to justify damage that could have easily avoided elsewhere is not a valid point.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 6:37

From Chester County
Quote:

GreenWeenie wrote:
No matter which species of fish, anglers should use all reasonable precautions to minimize damage to the fish if the fish is intended to be released.

As for the little Lehigh, that is a 50 foot wide and 500 yard long section that holds captive fish that gets pounded daily. Probably every one of those fish that have been in there more than a month have been hooked at least a dozen times before they smarten up so yes, they are going to get beaten up simply from wear and tear. Not saying someone doesn't mishandle them but those trout are mostly beat up from multiple hookings.

The Delaware on the other hand is a huge water system and those fish move around a lot and it is very unlikely that a trout in the d is caught more than a few times in its lifetime. So to relate wear and tear damage to trout at the little Lehigh due to the nature of the fishery to justify damage that could have easily avoided elsewhere is not a valid point.

+1

Posted on: 2013/2/20 6:57

He might be a nice guy, but I still think he should stick to bass fishing and I hope he doesn't share too much of his fishing info on trout fishing the D........and +2 to what GW said in the quote above.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 8:57

From Brookville, PA
i think my lip and neck hurt from watching that.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 12:25

From Butler, Pa
It is pretty bad, but i got to give the guy credit, he can remove them pretty good, it could be worse, just sucks that they are really such a precious resource

Posted on: 2013/2/20 17:00

GreenWeenie,

Obviously you have never been to the Little Lehigh CR/FF section. Its not 50ft by 500yds, and the fish are not "captive".

I dont understand how you can be so upset about one guy, then in the same post justify others. Sure Blain didnt handle the fish as gently as others might, and he used a lure that offends some. In the end those fish swam away and within a week or so their lips healed up. The same cant be said about alot of the fish swimming in the Little Lehigh CR/FF.

The only way you can 100% guarantee not to hurt a fish is not catch them at all.

Good luck, Tony

Posted on: 2013/2/21 6:38

Well obviously we don't know what happended to those fish a week later do we? trying to justify what he's doing on that video is rediculous especially on this website. Those of you trying to to act like there is some resemblance between his uncivilized behavior and what goes on on the LL are wasting our time. Most of us know he doesn't belong on that stretch of river.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 7:45

From Tailwater USA
Atleast the fish didn't end up in a cooler. I have been up on the WB at the quickmart and quys have shown me coolers full of nice 18-24" trout. Talk about depresssing.... The told me they caught them all on crank baits too.... Trebles are not good for anyone, Fish or people. I have removed a number of trebles from peoples hands over the years. It is alot easier to remove a single from a person or a trout.

Posted on: 2013/3/1 12:52

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com