Anyone fished Pickering Creek lately?

mute

mute

Has anyone fished pickering creek in chester county lately, i just wanted to know how the action is.

Fished it the friday before Memeorial day but not since. There were sulphers around 8:15-8:30. I caught a nice little wild brown which was a shock. Missed a big fish which was hanging around 2 others, all in the 14"-16" range it looked like. It's getting pretty warm so expect bass too. I had a 7 incher hit a BHPT.

Good luck if you go.

Hmm, maybe ill go Wednesday morning. Tuesday night is in high 50's low 60's.

Thats the correct way of thinking right? Since it would be the coolest part of the week. Also fly_flinger, im not sure of the exact location, havent went there in ages. Is this about the spot.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5230/pickeringks4.jpg

Also, were there a good amount of fish still alive and kicking?

Mute,
fished it saturday, the delayed harvest area still has a decent amount of fish. buggers and midges did the trick.

jeff

Mute, the special regs area is a bit upstream from where your map shows. It ends about where Route 29 (State Road) crosses the stream just off the bottom of your map (actually, the regs area ends a few hundred yards downstream of there), and it starts upstream at Charlestown Road. You can park around the Route 29 bridge. There is also a small road that branches off of Route 29 called Pickering Dam Road that runs parallel to the stream, and you can park at a pulloff on this road.

mute wrote:
Or is it right here, off State rd. Cause i know the limit from the Pfbc mentioned downstream to Railrd Tracks

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9398/pockeringid2.jpg
Mute, I just read the above post that you mistakenly put in the IPOD thread. That map shows the lower end of the DHALO area. It ends 300 yards upstream from the railroad, which crosses the stream on a tall old stone bridge.

Ahh ok, thanks, yea dont know how i did that one

Back