Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Another Convert

From W. Norriton, PA
As a few of you know, I started fishing again after a 30 year layoff when my brother-in-law moved in due to hard times (if it happens to you, just say NO!). He got me fishing again. First bait drowning, too boring. Then spin casting, not as boring but still... Then I took up fly. He started calling me a fishing snob, an calling it rich man's fishing. You know the drill.

Well, this year I've been taking him out fly fishing. He was skunked up until this Memorial Day. He caught his first fish (a chub) on the fly. He said it was like lightning hit the rod. He said "I had no idea it was like this." I said "Uh huh" and kept fishing. He caught a few more and I think he may have a different view of fly fishing now. Matter of fact, I wanted to go spin casting after bass, he wouldn't put down my 4wt. What have I done...

Posted on: 2013/9/4 7:59

Re: Another Convert

From florida
Created a newbie. GG

Posted on: 2013/9/4 10:24

Re: Another Convert

From Fairborn, OH
That's exactly how it starts. As an offshore bait fisherman, and later, a spin/baitcast fisherman, I didn't know what to make of this fly fishing business for years until a friend force-fed it to me. Now, I can't bring myself to pick up the other rods unless I have no choice.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 10:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com