Annual Perkiomen Valley TU Angler Survey

Chaz

Chaz

Four 4 or 5 years now Perkiomen Valley TU has held an anglers survey to track the trout population in the Perkiomen Drainage. This year the focus will be on the West Branch Perkiomen Creek. Anyone can participate. We'll be meeting at Hereford Park at 8 am and it goes until noon. If you need directions PM me.

Hey Chaz.

How about a date? This weekend??

Thanks.

We will have it rain or shine.

hope you found sucess chaz in the survey. i had success at my wifes college graduation! sorry i couldnt attended, heck i just got back! :-D

The Angler Survey was a success, everyone caught trout and a few chubs. No warm water fish were caught. The West Branch of Perkiomen Creek is not properly Classified in DEP regulations. My job now is to communicate this to DEP and PFBC.

i can agree with that chaz. that is a really nice stream. i also take note that though there is a nice open section there is alot of posted water. at one spot by the airport we asked a guy if we could fish and he got kinda angry with us. what a jerk! i thought asking was a nice thing to do. especially since his land had no posted signs. which reminds me....if you are a landowner that has a stream coming off of it and you dont want fishing allowed.....then hang up some dang signs. dont expect every angler to automatically know its posted or to automatically ask to fish. we anglers look for lack of those signs to see if we can fish the area. the only reason we asked is because his house was right next to the stream. and if an angler polititly asks to fish your property there is no need to be a jerk.
i am glad to hear it was a success! i was impressed by that stream and hope to visit it again in the future!

Back