Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: A dilemma

From Emigrant, Mt
Thanks for all the input guys! Over the course of a season we fish with guys, and gals, that cover the full range of the, "What constitutes a caught fish" spectrum. An extreme on one end was a group that insisted that if the fish was not photographed then it did not count. After the leader of the group caught a few nice fish that could not be photographed because of being in some rapids he backed off this a bit. On the other end are the guys who are thrilled just to have a fish come up and eat a hopper, or wack a streamer.

One method that seems to take the edge off of loosing some fish is the rodeo rule. What this means is this, if you have a fish hooked for 8 seconds then it counts.

The way I look at it is that the whole idea of going fishing is to have fun. Having spent a few days with the brothers in this story I know that I made the right decision. Had that been others that come to mind I would have handled it differently.

Posted on: 2010/1/13 13:14

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
If it was my buddy you bet I'd tell him it was snagged.....if it was a paying client...not that I am a guide, I'd probebly make not mention of it unless he/she pointed it out. Pull out the fly and let them have the glory.

This.

Actually, depending on the reaction of my friend, and how he'd react, I'm not sure if I'd tell him, but a paying client? You don't take that away from him. Not even because it affects your business, but just because it affects the memory he has.

He doesn't have to know, there's no harm and no foul.

Further, after reading the story, it would take away from it. Those two guys have told that story over and over again, and will continue to share it til their ends.

Posted on: 2010/1/13 15:56

From LV
Why is it a dilemma? If you snag a fish it may be morally undesireable but it sure doesn't take away from the experience. Most people don't try to snag fish anyway, and those who fish a lot often know when they've snagged a fish long before they land it.
It used to be illegal to keep a snagged fish, but I don't know if that is still on the books.

Posted on: 2010/1/14 20:55

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
91 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com