Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A day of milestones

From Central Maryland
Since I'm about to go on a 10 day service trip where I might not be able to fish (even though its in the mountains of Virginia with lots of trout streams nearby), I'm trying to get my fair dosage of fishing in before I leave. I got on the water around 6:30 and fished for a couple hours. There was already one guy on the stream working upstream, so I went downstream with my freshly tied black woolly bugger.

After a little bit and one missed hit, this brown took my fly and became my first fish on a fly I tied myself.
Click to see original Image in a new window

I kept fishing my way downstream but heard rises coming from a deep, long pool that runs next to a large cliff face, so I made my way down there. There were a couple trout rising, but I couldn't really tell what they were taking. I tied on a hopper and started casting to a rising trout at the back of the pool. On the third cast he hit, I set the hook, and after a couple seconds of fighting, he popped off. He stopped rising, so I moved on to another fish, who eventually took the hopper to become my first trout on a dry fly.
Click to see original Image in a new window

It was a good day of fishing with nice flows, very cold temps, and even a couple trout.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 21:48

Re: A day of milestones

From Bozeman
Good stuff. Shame you can't fish in VA. The brook trout fishing in the mountains is phenomenal.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 21:52

Re: A day of milestones

From Central Maryland
Well I know I'll be able to fish at least one day, but that's gonna be for smallies on the New River. We're going down to do manual labor and just hang out with the residents of an old, poor, mining town, so my goal is to find a guy down there that fly fishes. There has to be at least one.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 22:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
154 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com