63 yr old man nearly beaten to death on the salmon river

T

troutslammer

3 known individuals jumped this man while he was in the water and repeatedly kicked him in the head and all about the body. Held his head underwater to the point he almost died. this is one case were maybe if the guy was packin he might not be in serious condition laying in the hospital with bills mounting. more to come later

It happened like a year ago.

This happened again? Or are you talking about the attack that happened a while ago?

Thats terrible! A buddy of mine was telling me tonight of some robberies that have recently occurred on Dunbar Creek to anglers. The locals all carry guns.
Its a d*** shame theres people like that in this world.

BrookieBuster101 wrote:
Thats terrible! A buddy of mine was telling me tonight of some robberies that have recently occurred on Dunbar Creek to anglers. The locals all carry guns.

It has gone down hill ever since peachins burnt down. LOL

Bruno wrote:
BrookieBuster101 wrote:

It has gone down hill ever since peachins burnt down. LOL

The FFO area gets the crap poached out of it as well. Its too bad.. :roll:

I don't dare hike anywhere in the Ohiopyle area, especially Rasler Run side of the mountian w.o at least a knife...

if you dudes only knew what was going on haha.

I fished Rasler Run once and lemme tell you did it seem shady. On our way back to the car, two guys were parked up next to us just sittin in their car. It sure didnt look like they had a good reason to be there.

BrookieBuster101 wrote:
I fished Rasler Run once and lemme tell you did it seem shady. On our way back to the car, two guys were parked up next to us just sittin in their car. It sure didnt look like they had a good reason to be there.

The fayettecong can be scary ! They follow you in the woods !

Ha I know right :lol:

I did property assessments for summer work around the Normalville area in my college days. As was stated before... if you only knew what was going on. After the first day of working on our own, we were required to team up and assess any shady properties from the street. lol.

I'm pretty sure this is old news, btw.

All the areas you described I have fished regularly, though not recently. I have fished alone and with others, yet have never had a scare of any kind, not counting the black bear(s) I never saw, but heard behind a stand of pine, a small rattle snake, a feral dog or coyote (I probably couldn't have told the difference at the time). The bears I made noise and backed away loudly, but slowly, the rattle snake, I stepped aside and watched it move off into the grasses, and the dog just wanted to be ignored, though I wanted him out of my hole. He didn't take kindly to me picking up a stick and I decided to head to another hole after convincing him he didn't want any part of me. I had to admit, I didn't want any part of him either.

ha ha, normalville?? play on words??

jack,

they don't care about old fellas like you, and chances are, your old bones did hike far enough around the mountain that I know you have been all around....

Where were the rest of the anglers when this old guy was getting beat up? Isn't the salmon river real crowded during the season? No one came to his aid?

what and give up their spot-

sorry guys when i stumbled across the article there was no date but after further research it happened in april of 2010. Non the less what a shame

Probably was guilty of the sin [created by some board members] of spot burning.

Back